Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I am getting the following error message while try to install the modules in Joomla 2.5…
    JFolder::create: Could not create directory
    Module Install: Failed to create directory: /hsphere/local/home/alislam/ahmadiyya.org.au/modules/mod_jabulletin

I am also getting similar error messages while installing news featured and news pro modules. please advise. thank you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

hi waheed53,

I have both suggest with this case:

1) check this path /images/resized/ have exist?
    2) check permission on /images/resized/ folder or user runs on website have right access?

Thanks
    Tam

waheed53 Friend

Hi Where I have to check this path and permissions please advise. Thank You.

Ninja Lead Moderator

hi waheed53,

You should use FTP client (there are many free available), i prefer winscp (free, small, easy to use), login into your hosting click right on folder want to check “Properties or F9”. You can check and fix the permissions there.

Thanks
    Tam

waheed53 Friend

Hi attached with is the screen shot of permissions on the folders. Please advise if they are ok and what is the next step. thank you.

1. per
    Ninja Lead Moderator

hi waheed53,

Do you still have that error? Please PM me your site (URL, username/password and FTP account). I will help you fix it

Thanks
    Tam

waheed53 Friend

Hi Tam

Any Update on the problem.I have PM you the site details already. Thank you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@waheed53 316492 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tam

Any Update on the problem.I have PM you the site details already. Thank you.</blockquote>

hi waheed53,

I’m configured permission folder on your site and right now you can install extensions if you like.

Thanks
    Tam

waheed53 Friend

Hi Tam
    I am able to install the modules now. Thank You for the help. Could you advise about which permission have been reconfigured for future.
    Thank you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi there,

You can check permission folders on your site by:

<blockquote>Go to admin site Site -> System Information -> Directory Permissions tab -> make sure Directory path ->Status Writable</blockquote>

Thanks
    Tam

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum