Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hi.. the articles in category list not displaying in Joomla 1.7.. even if u create many subcategories and assign some articles in them, it is not showing and always says it is empty..

Example:-

Category A
    |–Subcategory A
    |—Subcategory A
    |—-Subcategory A
    |–Subcategory B
    |—Subcategory B
    |—-Subcategory B

create some articles and put inside it.. assign menu item in the tab bar in your site.. when u click any of these category or subcategories, the articles is not displaying.. any solution??

comraseliteunit Friend

i have found it.. everything is controlled by each menu item.. this is a complicated method compared to the easy method in J1.5.. alot of ppl confuse as to why their articles is not displaying in J1.7 categories and without realizing, we have to change everything by each menu item, example for the category names, category description, to show or not the articles etc etc.. J1.5 was perfect especially the “sections” but without this, everything is ugly.. btw, those who encounter such problem as mentioned in the title, then try to edit the settings for each menu item if you wanna display anything.. 🙂

donwebd Friend

Using Joomla 1.7.4 the Menu type ‘category list’ never shows articles. Just the ‘There are no articles in this category’ text. This seems to be a bug with Joomla 1.7. I spend a few hours trying to figure this out too.
    This worked for me: Go to your menu item with the Category List. Under Category options change ‘No Articles Message’ to ‘Hide’. Save the menu item and refresh the front end page. 😀
    Seems to be a bug as that message is meant to show only when there are no articles, but instead it just shows constantly. Hopefully J 2.5 does not have this problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  donwebd 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum