Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have noticed another thread where Joomlart mentioned they would be waiting to develop a J1.7 version of this until K2 released a stable version. This has since happened and I would like to know a timeline for release if possible.

Thanks!

TomC Moderator

At this time, there is not any definitive timeframe/schedule we can provide as to when our K2 Search Extension will be updated with/for the K2 2.5 component.

epi11 Friend

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Is this then something you will consider discussing with your fellow JA developers to establish a target timeline?
    The extension is just super in J1.5 and it seems there should be a pretty solid demand for the 1.7 version as many in the community are migrating sites, etc.

Best Regards

henrik1782 Friend

Yes we demand an upgrade for 1.7…. 🙂 and we will love it :-*

Nice extension and I would be very pleased to see a J1.7 version in the near feature.

Happy Xmas
    Henrik

reders Friend

Hi,

Is there any more news on the J1.7 upgrade for K2 search and filter?

Regards
    Sean

TomC Moderator

<em>@reders 296728 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Is there any more news on the J1.7 upgrade for K2 search and filter?

Regards
    Sean</blockquote>
    Not yet . . . though there will be announcements made on our BLOG and UPDATES sections this coming week.

reders Friend

Hi,

I got an email reply from a report ticket stating that the K2 search Module/Plugin has been updated and i can download from the site.

I can’t seem to find a link for this

Could you supply me with one?

Regards
    Sean

TomC Moderator

<em>@reders 300441 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I got an email reply from a report ticket stating that the K2 search Module/Plugin has been updated and i can download from the site.

I can’t seem to find a link for this

Could you supply me with one?

Regards
    Sean</blockquote>
    Sean:

Can you provide reference to the Support Ticket within which you were advised of this?

reders Friend

Hi Tom,

Ticket ID: ZRQ-372-34557
    Department: Technical – JAEC
    Type: Issue

Regards
    Sean

TomC Moderator

Sean:

I just double-checked with our Dev Team and, unfortunately, the information you were provided appears to be mistaken.
    The K2 Search & Filter extension has not yet been updated for J1.7/2.5 – though it is on the plan-of-action list.

No definitive timeframe/schedule to provide at this time, I’m afraid.

giovannit Friend

Any news on the update of the JA K2 Filter & Search extension for Joomla 1.7/2.5?

Phill Moderator

For various reasons it has been delayed. It would be wrong of me to give you a timescale as we simply do not know. ALl I can assure you is that is is actively being worked on and if all goes to plan it will be in the hands of the testing team in the next two weeks.

dbcict Friend

how’s the testing going for version 1.7/2.5 ?

thidesignz Friend

SAD…….. So….. sad

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

The extension has already been updated for 2.5 but we are trying to improve the search result output (right now it uses com_search for result output), which has limitations.

One more feature we are working upon is to allow multiple column for the module, so that it can be placed in other module positions too other than being in left or right.

Both the improvements require rewriting the code and it may even be upgraded to a component level extension. In the coming days we will know the feasibility for these improvement. If the above two can be done, it would be worked upon otherwise we will release the 2.5 version with the same feature as 1.5 version.

Arvind

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum