Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

When will be avaible this template for joomla 1.7?

thanks

jooservices Friend

Hi there,

JA Olivine is the old one template. We’ve not yet planned for this template update.
    I’ll update to you any news from dev when i’ve.
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

TomC Moderator

Greetings:

Unfortunately, the reason you cannot update JA Olivine to J1.7 is because JA Olivine is not yet compatible with J1.7 –> http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-olivine

Allow me to advise, however, that we are in continuous progress to upgrade our templates and extensions for J1.7.
    Please stay tuned to our BLOG and main site – as we will publish notification of all updated releases there –> http://www.joomlart.com/updates/joomla-templates

Also, we have just recently released T3 framework Plugin which can help you upgrade for j1.7 by yourself if you can not wait. (Is this the method you were attempting you use?)
    The details could be found via: http://www.joomlart.com/blog/jat3-framework/ja-t3-framework-hotfix-for-joomla-17-upgrades.

I hope this has helped to address your question. If you should have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

TOM

buybarato Friend

God.. bad news.

And now what? All things that my site have was optimized for olivine.

“Extra work”

buybarato Friend

OK, I’ll change template for other of course but now all templates come with T3 framework, how can I do the change? I must install framework t3 and then template community for example, later configure and it’s over?

btw, tables of articles from J1.7 are the same than 1.5?

TomC Moderator

To be compeltely honest with you – you do not need to upgrade at this time. J1.7 is only going to be supported for another few months anyway. Your best bet is to stick with J1.5 for now … until the nest LTS (long term support) release arrives – which will be J2.5 in early 2012. Otherwise, you will likely experience a good number of problems in trying to get things to work – because MOST extensions are not, and will not, be updated for J1.7.

If I were you, I would stick with J1.5 until J2.5 is released – because the extension developers are already anticipating the J2.5 LTS release – and many/most WILL be updating for that.

buybarato Friend

Thanks for your assistance Tom. I’ll do that.

manoelsantos Friend

If I want to update from J1.5 to J2.5 and I work with Olivine Template, which is the best solution?

TomC Moderator

<em>@manoelsantos 348168 wrote:</em><blockquote>If I want to update from J1.5 to J2.5 and I work with Olivine Template, which is the best solution?</blockquote>

Perhaps this may be of assistance –> MIGRATING">

😎

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum