Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

can you tell me please
    when joomlaart will Release a Joomla 1.6 Template?
    can you give me a date?

thanks

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

It would be difficult to tag the schedule to the release dates of individual templates for J 1.6 as we are upgrading all Joomla templates (including JA Social) for J1.6. However, it will be planned to release once jomsocial for j1.6 is available.

Please keep eye on the blog as all releases will be announced there. Currently, there are 17 templates released for J1.6

Thanks for your great patience.

deejay Friend

Thanks for the response, but it seems that many of the club templates are being upgraded to 1.6, with Ja-Social standing out like a sore thumb – as only 1.5

Hopefully this will be released soon.

Regards,
    Dave

Phill Moderator

It is very hard to release a template that is mainly for Jomsocial when Jomsocial for J1.6 does not yet exist. Agora is also now a paid component which was once a free open source package which changed after the release of JA Social so that is also a sticky point.

icbl Friend

1-Since agora paid product does it mean JA Social will not be updated? Thousands Joomlart members are paid member so joomlart not willing to pay or is it very expensive?
    2-Is there any progress report so we can know if its gonna happen or not.
    3-Some of Joomla 1.6 templates such as JA Community still beta and seems its gonna stay like that for long time. Everyday checking the joomlart web site but nothing new thats why a progress report would help us whats going on or nothing going on.

Phill Moderator

JA have stated that Social will be on the list but as of this moment the most important part (jomsocial) is not yet available for J1.6 so there is little point in releasing a template for it. As for Agora I cannot comment on that.

With regards to the Beta status that has already been addressed elsewhere. The 1.5 versions of the templates had K2 support. Until K2 is released for J1.6 some of the functionality of the J1.6 versions of the templates would not be available and that is the reason for the beta state. All of them in my opinion are stable enough to use but until K2 is released and some testing is done they cannot be marked as stable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum