Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I see that Joomla 1.6 stable version candidate 1 will be released with the next 2 weeks how close are you guys making sure that your templates will work, as i notice that at the moment none of them do.

SP Media Friend

It’s a release candidate, still a while to go before it is classed as stable. At their rate, six months easily.

ithacaindy Friend

<em>@spmedia 201964 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s a release candidate, still a while to go before it is classed as stable. At their rate, six months easily.</blockquote>

I believe six months is overly pessimistic. We’ve seen the Joomla organization fast-track betas. I don’t expect RCs will be any different. I foresee the first RC this month, another by the first of 2011, and a final by March, at the latest. As for JA, their move to the JAT3 Framework v2 allows them to quickly convert the existing JAT3 Framework v2 themes to Joomla 1.6. They have also said adapting the themes to 1.6 requires surprisingly few modifications. Couple all that with the fact developers want to get out ahead of their customers’ needs, and I expect J1.6-compliant themes to be released soon after the first or second RC.

SP Media Friend

March is 5 months away, so it’s not too much of a difference from my original estimate. But that’s taking into the fact that Joomla have been developing 1.6 since at least April this year. Progress, therefore is anything but speedy.

6 months may be pushing the boat out a little, but it’s quite viable with a much larger userbase adapting its use.

JA have said they’re getting processes ready to update their templates, so it shouldn’t be too much of a wait – considering they do work pretty fast.

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1168-joomla-16-development-shifting-gears.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SP Media 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum