Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Just wondering when Joomlart will create and/or update JA templates using the new Joomla 1.7. I will be busy between now and October because of our new business. So, I would not be coming here much, if at all. May you please notify me when Joomlart has Joomla 1.7-Joomlart templates?

I tried to move to Joomla 1.6 but there were quite a few problems. And for some reason, the promised upgrades of older JA templates never materialized — further upgrades stopped at Round 5. Some of my favorite JA extensions were abandoned also.

It is a bit disappointing if you invest so much on developing (customizing) JA templates and extensions, only to find out that they are no longer supported.

Hasta la vista.

Cornelio

designorama Friend

<em>@cgc0202 258923 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

Just wondering when Joomlart will create and/or update JA templates using the new Joomla 1.7. I will be busy between now and October because of our new business. So, I would not be coming here much, if at all. May you please notify me when Joomlart has Joomla 1.7-Joomlart templates?

I tried to move to Joomla 1.6 but there were quite a few problems. And for some reason, the promised upgrades of older JA templates never materialized — further upgrades stopped at Round 5. Some of my favorite JA extensions were abandoned also.

It is a bit disappointing if you invest so much on developing (customizing) JA templates and extensions, only to find out that they are no longer supported.

Hasta la vista.

Cornelio</blockquote>

Would be great if we had a timeframe of which templates are under upgrade and when we should expect them to be released.
    We have projects on hold waiting to see which road to take.

Orama

Phill Moderator

<em>@designorama 258958 wrote:</em><blockquote>Would be great if we had a timeframe of which templates are under upgrade and when we should expect them to be released.

Orama</blockquote>

Templates are undergoing testing and announcements will be made shortly at to their release. JA have more J1.6 templates than any other club so it is taking some time. A schedule really cannot be given because each template presents its own problems as work is being done.

TomC Moderator

<em>@cgc0202 258923 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Cornelio</blockquote>

Cornelio . . . . You might want to check this out –> [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/the-smart-sensible-way-to-upgrade/

TomC Moderator

<em>@designorama 258958 wrote:</em><blockquote>Would be great if we had a timeframe of which templates are under upgrade and when we should expect them to be released.
    </blockquote>

JA has recently released their T3 framework Plugin which can help you upgrade for j1.7 by yourself if you can not wait. The details can be found via: http://www.joomlart.com/blog/jat3-framework/ja-t3-framework-hotfix-for-joomla-17-upgrades.

Alternatively, perhaps this may assist you with regard to whether or not to keep projects on hold –> [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/the-smart-sensible-way-to-upgrade/WHY WAIT ?? :J1.5 is every bit as strong, feature rich and robust as any of the current “upgrade” releases . . . in fact, MORE SO due to the availability of compatible extensions.

So, at this particular point in time, here are your two major considerations for moving forward . . .

1. Do your client’s requirements include utilizing currently available dynamic extensions (i.e. JoomlART components, K2, JomSocial, VirtueMart, etc.)? If so, you will want to stick with J1.5x at this time – and the website will be every bit dynamic and functional for years to come.

2. If none of the 3rd Party extensions matter to your client, then using a J1.7 based template is fine and dandy. I do know that the JA Dev Staff is working on J1.7 versions of templates – so if this is what you truly want/need right now, be sure to keep checking regularly.

😎

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum