Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Error Message Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C: wamp www joomla libraries pattemplate patTemplate.php on line 1424

When you upgrade to php 5.3 on my localhost. Install the test Joomla 1.5.15 and the error disappeared.

Jomla 1.5.15 php can run 5.3, if your hosting server has the new version of php 5.3.

You will not have problems running Joomla with the new version of php.

My question is how best to php 5.2 to 5.3?

scotty Friend

Have a good look here.

Neither news nor an announcement so I don’t know why you felt the need to post it here.

scotty Friend

Moved to general questions.

Anyone else thinking of upgrading their PHP please note that Joomla 1.5.14 (still the latest stable version) will NOT work on PHP 5.3

nefar Friend

<em>@scotty 147177 wrote:</em><blockquote>Moved to general questions.

Anyone else thinking of upgrading their PHP please note that Joomla 1.5.14 (still the latest stable version) will NOT work on PHP 5.3</blockquote>

Nor does Magento for the JM users. I found this quite disappointing since a buddy gave me space on his nice VPS to dev on ;(

alemdag Friend

Some other templates won’t work on 5.3 as well, so why publish them if they won’t work?

jonathaneustace Friend

What are the advantages in running joomla on a php 5.3 server?

Are all the templates here compatable with joomla 1.5.15?

I’m interested in 1.5.15 but I think I’ll wait until joomla 1.6 before I upgrade the core.

sling19 Friend

Hi,

Do php 5.3 support joomla 1.5.25?
    Thanks!

Anonymous Moderator

Yes, you can see more details at http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/technical-requirements.html

FYI: Joomla 1.5 is outdated and is no longer supported by Joomla! anymore… please upgrade to Joomla 2.5

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum