Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

what would be terrific is if you could plan for every template you d in the future is to include the jomsocial template as well.

maybe if you do one template a month, you might be able to squeeze this .

thank you anyway for the great work

always very nice templates we can use in a business environment

Manos Moderator

Wow this would be very very nice

jay973 Friend

It would certainly be nice but I think JA can do without having to update a whole bunch of Templates everytime a new update of JS comes out :laugh:

Cheers,

J.

sotweb Friend

This would be awesome if it could be done. I use jomsocial with teline II but it has its faults doing that.

SHoggard Friend

Actually, growerspro, I think you’ve got the question back to front:

JS (and the forum comonents also) should be designing for compatibility with the templates their customers want to use & have the ability to fit into standard front page module positions.

Teline is a NEWS template for people who rate their content as the most important – if COMMUNITY interaction is the site’s most important thing….. then there are specific templates for that.

So I guess its up to you which is the site focus….but I have noticed that the components coming up – like JS, Agora, Kunena etc all seem to want their own template, which if you’re looking for a standard site ‘look & feel’ will give problems.

sotweb Friend

I use the front page for the news part of the site and have a menu link to the community part of my site. My only concern is jomsocial not working as well with teline III but not to worried about it. I have always found work-arounds…

growerspro Friend

maybe i was not clear in my request.

i was more thinking about what joomlart did for the sulfur template

on one hand , the provided the joomla sulfur template, but there was as well overrides files for the jomsocial template to be put in the templates folder of the jomsocial component.

the overrides make joomsocial as part of the joomla template with the same color scheme

hope it is clearer.

scotty Friend

This would involve a massive amount of extra work for each release. While there may be jomsocial templates included from time to time with new release it certainly will not become standard with all releases.

growerspro Friend

it could be done through the creation of a new club by joomlart.

you have the joomla and magento template club. there is no law against asking for a paying subscription for the jomsocial club…

SHoggard Friend

Hi growerspro, I misunderstood your 1st post – yes I agree it would be very useful…. but Scotty has a valid point, Teline is such a major job it is too much to expect Hung & team to do this…

Compromise: How about a basic ‘standard’ template that ‘takes’ key elelments (top elements: logo, menu bar, css, colour scheme etc) and acts like a plug-in (like sulfur) on any JA template.
    Downloadable seperately from the club.
    I know nothing about templating, but it should be possible.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  SHoggard 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum