Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I would like to know if JA Social is planned to be upgraded to support JomSocial 2.8?

Im not asking for a release date – I just want to know if we should expect JA Social to support it or not…

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Absolutely, we still support it, we have 3 months cycle to update for this template and plan to get it done soon. Please follow our blog post and get updates.

Currently, you can always use default jomsocial themes with JA social template.

Regards

johnny1973 Friend

I would like to know the same.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

We are in progress of upgrading it, please be patient and stay tuned for more information later.

dejongone Friend

I did purchased this afternoon thinking it could be used at 2.8. Being all new to JomSocial and your templateclub.
    I downloaded everything and all went wel untill I told jomsocial to use the template. Then a white page is appearing and it only tells you

Get Connected!

Connect and expand your network
    View profiles and add new friends
    Share your photos and videos
    Create your own group or join others

I came clubmember especially for this template so I feel disappointed. How long do I have to wait for this update exactly?

dejongone

Saguaros Moderator

Hi dejongone,

We shall try to release it within this month, hopefully in next week, once we are done with the regular monthly templates.

The problem is with each JomSocial release the template breaks, not our fault as they keep changing the HTML markup. It is not possible for us to keep upgrading the template everytime they release a version, as JA Social is Joomla template supporting JomSocial, kunena components not vice versa.

Its been a problem for long and thats why we have resorted to 3 months cycle for this template.

You can always use default jomsocial themes with JA Social, we shall update for latest version soon.

dejongone Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Thanks for your answer. It would be nice if JA communicated that on the website! More fair to customers and honest too! Now I bought something and have to wait every update if JA is so kind to update. That’s not why I join a templateclub!

I know you are just the messenger but you can point this out to the management.

Thanks again for your reply
    dejongone

keppler Friend

Hi, this Themplate bought now and wanted to ask how far you are now with Jomsocial 2.8?

Thank you!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Keppler,

Its a work in progress and if all goes good, we can release it by next week.

Regards

Arvind

jgmaravilla Friend

Remenber, last week JoomlArt installed the JA Social Demo on my site and then I install the version of JomSocial 2.8.2 on my site ..! Sure did not know that is still being updated ..!

Now I want to wait a couple of days to work properly when making the changes necessary to JA Social for compatibility with JomSocial 2.8.2 ?

Right now tells me the following message and does not work ..!

Get Connected!

Connect and expand your network
    View profiles and add new friends
    Share your photos and videos
    Create your own group or join others

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/exytools/public_html/MyAmicis.com/components/com_community/templates/ja_social/frontpage.guests.php on line 25

Juan Maravilla

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Juan,

As i said in my earlier reply, we are working on the JA Social update and we will release it soon, I will let you know once it is done. The JA office will remain closed from 7th Feb to 14th feb (Annual holidays), so please have patience.

Regards

Arvind

frold Friend

Have a nice holiday…

Looking forward to be able to run JomSocial 2.8

dejongone Friend

Hi,

So it is now the 18th of february. On 01/16/13 yout told next week. on 02/04/13 you told next week.
    What will it be? How many days do you have in a week over there?!
    Can you please be more specifiek and keep your promisses?

Thanks

wordman Friend

I am also interested in JomSocial 2.8 (2.8.3 now) compatible version of JA Social. 🙂

frold Friend

I also hope you’ll be able to release it soon…

Im not able to see any activity in the changelog since january: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCSOCIALJ16?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:changelog-panel – But I hope you take it serious any way….

Keep up the good work, please! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  frold 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum