Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hiya,

JomSocial 2.4 has now been out since mid November, in reply to earlier questions on this forum regarding upgrade to JA Social it was suggested that the update would be available in a month.

Due to this we delayed the launch of the website but we urgently need to get it online now but still no upgrade to the JA Social template.Downgrading to an earlier unsupported version of JomSocial is not an option – not least because we need some of the features included within the new release.

I appreciate that it takes time to upgrade templates but 2 months should be sufficient time for a template to be updated which is directly aimed at website owners using JomSocial.

Can we please have an update as to when this will be ready- it really is a matter of priority for us now, and I am sure that other JASocial template users are in the same situation as us.
    Thanks,
    Sadie

brewmafia Friend

At least an update would be great. I will be hiring contractors to begin work on custom components to work with this theme and JomSocial and I would prefer to have them working on the latest versions.

But…if it’s gonna be a long time out I may just bite the bullet and get going now.

Any info on a timeline for this release would be cool! 😎

Thanks!

matt871401 Friend

Hey brewmafia,

The Dev team said any update will be after Joomla 2.5 stable version is out. They will be building for J!2.5, I am not sure about J!1.5 or 1.7. They also said they are on a 3 month dev cycle, I’m not sure if that cycle begins after the latest update or after J! 2.5 stable. It may be longer than the 3 months because the latest version of Kunena is also not compatible with J!2.5 so they may have to wait for a stable Kunena if they are only developing updates for J!2.5…

jooservices Friend

hi
    just for news from JomSocial. 2.4 almost working fine with Joomla 2.5.
    yup

phicts Friend

<em>@matt871401 296018 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey brewmafia,

The Dev team said any update will be after Joomla 2.5 stable version is out. They will be building for J!2.5, I am not sure about J!1.5 or 1.7. They also said they are on a 3 month dev cycle, I’m not sure if that cycle begins after the latest update or after J! 2.5 stable. It may be longer than the 3 months because the latest version of Kunena is also not compatible with J!2.5 so they may have to wait for a stable Kunena if they are only developing updates for J!2.5…</blockquote>

Can the developer/s or at least the support members confirm and clariy this here? Any ETA, please. Thanks.

Phill Moderator

Currently the JA Developers are on their annual holidays (lunar festival in VN). When they return on Monday they will begin testing and releasing the JAT3 templates for J2.5 (though from my testing they seem to all be working well, JA just like to make 100% sure). As part of that process the devs plan to update JA Social to the latest Jomsocial. However I cannot give you a firm date as I simply do not know. It would be wrong of me to do so and then let you down if it was missed.

hdsq2 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 296724 wrote:</em><blockquote>Currently the JA Developers are on their annual holidays (lunar festival in VN). When they return on Monday they will begin testing and releasing the JAT3 templates for J2.5 (though from my testing they seem to all be working well, JA just like to make 100% sure). As part of that process the devs plan to update JA Social to the latest Jomsocial. However I cannot give you a firm date as I simply do not know. It would be wrong of me to do so and then let you down if it was missed.</blockquote>

Thanks, I need too the JA jomSocial theme for jomSocial 2.4.2

My site with JomSocial, works totaly different from JaScocial demo, the content of blocks are with differents sizes…. I’m using JomSocial default theme, but it not working fine.

Best Regrads,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  hdsq2 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum