Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • Author

will be notified when the update come?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

JA Social for j1.6 is on the final check to come out….

Really appreciate your great patience.

adnanpirota Friend

are we talking about minutes, hours, days, weeks :laugh: and maybe it is better for us (users) to do final check :-[

topinwuhan Friend

<em>@JA Developer 244056 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

JA Social for j1.6 is on the final check to come out….

Really appreciate your great patience.</blockquote>

Always the same story, this month,weeks,soon.They already finished all words so now FINAL ,hehe

Phill Moderator

topinwuhan,

I appreciate that you are frustrated but you will just have to be patient. There is no conspiracey going on here just a lot of hard work going into creating good products.

Jomsocial 2.2 was only released in April and was the first J1.6 compatible version. K2 is still not J1.6 comparible and Agora is now a commercial product. As such a lot of work was needed on JA Social to make it worth releasing. I am almost certain that it would take almost a complete rebuild of much of it. I have not seen it and will not see it until you do but I am looking forward to see what JA have done especially on the forum front. In all essence JA have only had 8 weeks to do all this work so far and with so many big projects already in the pipeline such as the latest 3 templates etc I am certain it has been tough going On top of that JA have taken on a lot of new staff and that too has an effect on releases.

So please, can we only have constructive comments from yourself whilst we all await what will hopefully be something sorth that wait?

gummel Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 244520 wrote:</em><blockquote>topinwuhan,

I appreciate that you are frustrated but you will just have to be patient. There is no conspiracey going on here just a lot of hard work going into creating good products.

Jomsocial 2.2 was only released in April and was the first J1.6 compatible version. K2 is still not J1.6 comparible and Agora is now a commercial product. As such a lot of work was needed on JA Social to make it worth releasing. I am almost certain that it would take almost a complete rebuild of much of it. I have not seen it and will not see it until you do but I am looking forward to see what JA have done especially on the forum front. In all essence JA have only had 8 weeks to do all this work so far and with so many big projects already in the pipeline such as the latest 3 templates etc I am certain it has been tough going On top of that JA have taken on a lot of new staff and that too has an effect on releases.

So please, can we only have constructive comments from yourself whilst we all await what will hopefully be something sorth that wait?</blockquote>

This is always the same with you :confused:- No new information…….

TomC Moderator

<em>@gummel 244554 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is always the same with you :confused:- No new information…….</blockquote>
    Strange … I could have sworn that JA Developer just posted some new information a day ago, hmmm.

😉

Phill Moderator

<em>@gummel 244554 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is always the same with you :confused:- No new information…….</blockquote>

I hope you mean JA and not me personally?

Just so you are clear I am a supporter for JA and work indirectly for them. I am in the UK while JA are thousands of miles away in Vietnam as I am sure you are aware. Most of the time I get information the same time as the rest of you all. The above was written from experience and knowledge of how development works and what tools any development team have available from my ecperience of developing on another opensource project. Many think it is an easy task to come up with code and designs etc but that is far from the truth. Often you can go into something all guns blazing and run into problems that just take time to overcome. That makes timeframes hard to predict and when you have a project such as this it can take a lot longer than first expected.

Thak you for your patience.

comraseliteunit Friend

seconds gone, minutes gone, hours gone, days gone, weeks gone, months gone.. the only thing left is “years”.. why again bother to release a “new template” when this JA SOCIAL is not even upgraded to Joomla 1.6? instead of flooding with new templates, why not focus on upgrading all the available templates to Joomla 1.6? why not focus on fixing all the bugs and errors in the templates? ppl been waiting n waiting n waiting n waiting n waiting until this day for this JA SOCIAL compability.. this is not professional at all.. can we subscribe first to JA and then we pay later on, few months later? will u accept this? then why take our money but then giving us a funny service?

please, dont bother to make new templates or new stuff when the existing one is not take care of.. everyone has their own things to do, all of us have our own business or jobs or studies etc, but dont keep us waiting.. please be more serious and dont waste our time..

topinwuhan Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 244579 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Just so you are clear I am a supporter for JA and work indirectly for them. I am in the UK while JA are thousands of miles away in Vietnam as I am sure you are aware. Most of the time I get information the same time as the rest of you all. The above was written from experience and knowledge of how development works and what tools any development team have available from my ecperience of developing on another opensource project. Many think it is an easy task to come up with code and designs etc but that is far from the truth. Often you can go into something all guns blazing and run into problems that just take time to overcome. That makes timeframes hard to predict and when you have a project such as this it can take a lot longer than first expected.

Thak you for your patience.</blockquote>

So why do they comeup with new(looks alike) templates than updating existing ones?

TomC Moderator

<em>@topinwuhan 245228 wrote:</em><blockquote>So why do they comeup with new(looks alike) templates than updating existing ones?</blockquote>

As you can see from the information available to all via the “UPDATE” tab form the JA Home Page, JA is continuing to update existing templates –> http://www.joomlart.com/updates.

As for why JA continues to develop release new templates . . . . that is the primary element of what JoomlART is and does – develops and releases monthly templates.

Not sure what you mean by “looks alike,” though. :confused:

TOM

Phill Moderator

<em>@topinwuhan 245228 wrote:</em><blockquote>So why do they comeup with new(looks alike) templates than updating existing ones?</blockquote>

JA are contractually obliged to produce templates monthly and have to continue doing so.

JA Social may be a popular template but as there IS a working version available. JA have never stated that the extra features that integrate third party extensions wil be kept up to date forever. It would be wrong of them to do so as there are just too many things beyound their control. A prime example of this wa then change of Agora from a free product to a subscription product just a few weeks after JA Social was released.

All the other problems previously mentioned are in the way getting it up to date has to take time. JA Developer has stated that JA are actively working on JA Social and it can be seen from the tracker that it is being worked upon. It ill take time and no matter how many times you complain there really is no way to speed things up. Please just be patient instead of repeatedly complaining.

comraseliteunit Friend

since this JA SOCIAL template is not yet Joomla 1.6 compatible, why not test it more to make it Joomla 1.7 compatible.. Joomla has just released Joomla 1.7 Aplha Release http://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5372-joomla-17-alpha-released.html

altough there is a upgrade process, but it will be nice if this was tested throughly by JA TEAM.. all the best..

TomC Moderator

I think – moreso than an upgrade for J1.6 – more people are wanting the JA Social upgrade for JomSocial 2.2.x
    So, whether it’s for J 1.6 or J1.5 – so long as the upgrade is compatible with the current version of JomSocial, I think many will be happy.

Seriously … having the “latest and greatest” isn’t always a “do or die” necessity. So long as you can have your site running/functioning properly and efficiently, THAT is what is most important … not an extra button in the backend or a rearrangement of the admin panel.

😎

housefly Friend

According to http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCSOCIAL#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aissues-panel

All issues have been resolved now. A release must be close..

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)

This topic contains 114 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum