Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Can you maybe inform me what the satus is of the Jobboard for Joomla 3. As you probably know is 2.5 after this month not suported anymore.

Thanks

brentwilliams2 Friend

Agree with Timmie – can you all give us a current update on the progress?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

There are few things we are working on. We are trying to release a J 3.x compatible version. Discussions are also on to have a totally new jobboard component as the current code is too old and there are too many issues with this old component.

When the compatible version be released? Its hard to say right now, please ping back in a week time. I hope I would have answer for you then.

Regards

Arvind

brentwilliams2 Friend

Hey Arvind,
    You said to bring it up in a week, so I wanted to see if there was an update on this.

Thanks!

brentwilliams2 Friend

Hey Arvind,
    You said to bring it up in a week, so I wanted to see if there was an update on this.

Thanks!

timmieboy Friend

Yes, is there any news, please!!

timmieboy Friend

Yes, is there any news, please!!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

I would be frank with you, the compatibility version is not coming up good as there is too much of legacy code (from 1.5 version onwards) and we are seriously thinking about writing a totally new component with basic features to cater to the needs of all, instead of the current one we have had so far.

I hope to have some news in the coming weeks about the same, I am personally working on the wireframe and workflow for the new component, if that is accepted by the dev team, we shall start the development of the same.

We are trying is all I can at this time.

Regards

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

I would be frank with you, the compatibility version is not coming up good as there is too much of legacy code (from 1.5 version onwards) and we are seriously thinking about writing a totally new component with basic features to cater to the needs of all, instead of the current one we have had so far.

I hope to have some news in the coming weeks about the same, I am personally working on the wireframe and workflow for the new component, if that is accepted by the dev team, we shall start the development of the same.

We are trying is all I can at this time.

Regards

Arvind

brentwilliams2 Friend

Hi Arvind,
    Two questions:

1) What do you mean by “basic”? Do you mean several features of the current component will not be re-developed?

2) What would be the timeframe of redevelopment?

Brent

brentwilliams2 Friend

Hi Arvind,
    Two questions:

1) What do you mean by “basic”? Do you mean several features of the current component will not be re-developed?

2) What would be the timeframe of redevelopment?

Brent

timmieboy Friend

Hello Arvind,

What happens with all customers that have bought the 2.5 version, will there be an upgrade to 3 and can we use the data in the new version or what? It would be great if there will be a new version that is faster, better seo and more possibilities.

Thanks
    Tim

timmieboy Friend

Hello Arvind,

What happens with all customers that have bought the 2.5 version, will there be an upgrade to 3 and can we use the data in the new version or what? It would be great if there will be a new version that is faster, better seo and more possibilities.

Thanks
    Tim

brentwilliams2 Friend

There would definitely need to be an upgrade process to retain data – otherwise, this would be a disaster.

As a side note, it is a bit ironic that i really want to try Teline V, but I can’t upgrade my site to 3.X because of the job board.

brentwilliams2 Friend

There would definitely need to be an upgrade process to retain data – otherwise, this would be a disaster.

As a side note, it is a bit ironic that i really want to try Teline V, but I can’t upgrade my site to 3.X because of the job board.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  stellacadente 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum