Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I have problem JFolder::create: Could not create directory, when i change chmod 777 on images site fail with blank page.

Ninja Lead Moderator

hi Jer, please check the ftp account somehow I could not login, you should chmod both images folder and its subfolders.

jersonjunior Friend

Hi, I installed Joomla + Ja Methys and solved my problem but i dont show many positions for example slideshow.

Ninja Lead Moderator

dont worry, normally modules use shared folders such as /images, that means solving one can also affect other modules. If you face another problem with another module, feel free to ask us here.

bjosto Friend

Hi!
    Also have similar problem.
    Have JA Methys 1.5 as Theme. Under Slideshow 2 module it says in red :
    JFolder::create: Could not create directory (three times)

Tried to chmod 777 images folder, and checked configuration.php so it points to correct to tmp and log directory as suggested in other threads.

Please, need some help on this issue.

Best Regards
    Bjorn

jersonjunior Friend

Best solution in my opnion

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/userguide-ja-methys-template-for-joomla-1-5/

Plan your site Development.

Making a New Site ? – If you are planning to make a new site, then use our Quickstart package to clone the demo site and replace the demo content with yours. Check How to install Quickstart Package. .
    Installing on your live site ? – If you are planning to use this template on your already live site. Then you should follow How to make your site look like demo site guide first to know about the steps involved. Then you can follow up the userguide below.

Phill Moderator

In the Joomla back end click one help>system info. Then click on the directory permissions tab and see if any folders are unwritable.

Remember thought that the “JFolder::create: Could not create directory” could point to other server restrictions even if the above folders are writable. In that case try enabling the ftp layer in Joomla and see if that helps.

jersonjunior Friend

I did what you mentioned above did not work, and more, I set chmod 777 in the / templates / ja_methys / core / etc / layouts / default.xml and other files and still can not change anything in the Profile settings override.
    The solution was to install joomla after the plugin and theme or T3.

bjosto Friend

Thanks for information.
    I did install from quickstart. I think one possible solution could be other server restrictions. What differs from this installation to others is just that I didnt enable the ftp layer.

I checked it out. That solved the problem!
    Thanks a lot!

Regards
    /Bjorn

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bjosto 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum