Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have installed JEvent component and the modules show up without any problem. However, when I click on one particular event, the page just refreshes itself, without showing the content of the event. Wondering whether it’s because the main component is being turned off in this template. If so, how should I go about turning it back on. Or if it’s due to other reasons, please elaborate.

Thanks

himangi Friend

Hi,

As I understood, you are clicking on an event in the JEvents module but event details are not shown and home page reloads with no content in middle area.. I suppose you are clicking on the event link from home page.

You can create a menu item for JEvents component and try accessing any event links. Creating a menu item should solve your problem.

Alex Ge Friend

That works! Thanks a lot!

Wondering why this particular behaviour…

himangi Friend

That happens because of Itemid assignments. I have explained it below, hopefully that will clarify any doubt you may have.

1. I suppose you are using a profile for Home page and another profile for other pages, and you have set to hide the main content block in Home profile. Due to this particular setting main content block is hidden on the home page having a default itemid 1 (In J1.6 & J1.7 default itemid may be different)
    2. Whenever you create a menu item, some itemid is assigned to that menu item and all the articles related to that menu item. E.g. If you create a category blog type of menu, then whatever itemid is assigned to that menu item will be applicable to all the articles in that category.
    3. Whenever you create and publish a module on specific menu items, the module – itemid relation is created and using the modules are displayed only on selected pages.
    4. When you try to access any article / component view, that doesnt have any itemid associated with it, the content is loaded on a page having default itemid, that is your Home page. Hence in your case, Jevents was loaded on the Home page which is set to hide the main content block.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum