Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I am having problems with the JCE Editor not displaying at all in te front end. I assume it is some conflict.

I updated the T3 plugin today and also JCE. It works fine in the backend and on other templates in the front end …

Couldn’t find a fix in the forums … anyone help?

Thanks

DD

ddrinkal Friend

Its hard to believe I am the first to have this problem but I just SOLVED it bu turning the “Optimize JS” option to ‘NO’ in the template settings …

Relieved …. hope it helps someone else.

DD

bertmc Friend

Yep. Same here. I verified that this problem exists with T3 plugin v 1.1.9 using the blank template. Joomla turns off all caches etc when logged in, so T3 should do the same thing. I have found a very desirable performance benefit with JS Minify & Compress, so I would love to turn it back on. (fyi, i am using JCE v1.5.7.3)

Saguaros Moderator

yes, the problem was happened when you enabled the Optimize JS, it causing some conflicting javascript errors, in this case you try to use the Optimize Exclude function, allows the template will not compress Excluding files 🙂

bertmc Friend

Thanks for the tip tienhc. I found a total of 138 JS files in the JCE plugin folder, but only 77 unique filenames. I added all 77 of them to the list and the JCE editor worked. Then I took a few wild stabs at which files might be at the root of the problem and I have isolated the problem to this one:

tiny_mce_gzip.js

When I added this file name to the “Optimize Exclude” list, everything seems to work. I have tested in IE8. This is a 4k file. Perhaps the JA team might look at it to see why it does not minify/compress properly, then adjust the algorithm.

fyi – I also tested turning on/off Joomla core gzip to see if there was any connection, and there was no change.

Saguaros Moderator

sorry, can you please provide me the link to your site and pm the administrator i would like to check in detail

thanks

yoohappy Friend

yep yep!! thanks a lot.
    I spent 4 hours on this same problem before falling on your topic,
    thank you again!!

APOSTOLOS FOUKIS Friend

how can i use Optimize Exclude function / Excluding files?

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@basdim 208294 wrote:</em><blockquote>how can i use Optimize Exclude function / Excluding files?</blockquote>

Please refer to this guide: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-resolve-issue-the-jce-editor-could-not-work-in-the-frontpage/

Thanks

lalsinh Friend

thanks,
    i had a same problem and its solved now.
    🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  lalsinh 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum