Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have been using Joomlart templates for a long time because of the quality and affordable price.
    I have my clients purchase the template they like and then I modify it to their tastes. It works great for me.

However, more and more I am finding many templates displaying annoying JS errors. The templates are mostly left stock except for few changes that should not affect Javascript at all. Let me give you a simple example.

I am using Ja_Fedora on my own website.
    In IE I get the annoying yellow icon at the bottom left with a javascript error. I want to use thi as an example, because it is the only error I have despite the fact that the template is highly customized.

The error in IE is:

Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; InfoPath.2; eMusic DLM/4; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4)
    Timestamp: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:36:34 UTC

Line: 57
    Char: 2
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.domain.com/templates/ja_fedora/js/ja.script.js

At line 57 I see this code:

56: function equalHeight(){
    57: makeEqualHeight ($('ja-botsl').getChildren());
    58: }

Nothing seems out of place and this file was not changed in any way.

When I trace the error in Google Chrome, I get this:

Uncaught TypeError: Property '$' of object is not a function ja.script.js:57

I have tried to change the code every which way, but nothing helps.
    I also deleted every other script on the page (a static version linked to the actual files but running locally) and the error persisted until the very end, when it suddenly switched to this error:

Line: 189
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.domain.com/templates/Conticreative15/js/ja.script.js

Which corresponds to this code:

189: window.addEvent ('load', function() {
    190: equalHeight();
    191: jaAddFirstItemToTopmenu();
    192: });

This is not a big deal but I am bringing it up because it is an example of what I have to deal with with almost every site. Unfortunately, I am not a Javascript expert but even if I were, I am only installing modules and components that are quite popular and I always try to keep the JS at a minimum. Yet these errors are always popping up. Often without a clear way on how to fix them other than spend hours troubleshooting them and then only to find the error (not in this case, of course) is in Mootools or Jquery.

How do others handle this? Or am I the only one with this issue?

Thank you

Anonymous Moderator

Hi

I think you have not used some modules at the bottom of template.

To solve it, we have a lot of guiders in forum. You can use search tool to find how to solve it?

Please check this link: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/edinite-on-j1-5-error-ja-script-js-linie-67/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum