Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

<em>@andreiy 115372 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

For me download area works again, this seems be just an error while membership system was modified. I hope yours accounts too was unblocked.

Have a nice day!:)</blockquote>

It’s ok for me 🙂

ecohaven Friend

Good to hear your accounts have been unblocked. Sounds like there are a few of us needing to be unblocked. Did you do anything or contact anybody to get unblocked? I can see that I am listed as an unlicenced member.
    Michael

Update: it is working now, I assume it was just a problem with the new membership system.

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi everyone
    I am sorry for the download permission issues. I did some forum updates (membership icon + badges) for all members. I think the issue is now solved. Please let me know if any of you can not download.

sfpkent Friend

Hi Hung Dinh,

Thank you very much! 🙂 Problem solved.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 115371 wrote:</em><blockquote>Same to you, you are such annoyance to me, you cannot believe how good I feel when I do not see your name here in the forum. I also reported your offenses and strictly foolish comments against my posts in the JA Cooper Preview thread to MiCCAS when those happened. You are the biggest annoyance here and your are same indispicable as Scotty is. You wonna be moderators but to not have what it takes be some, in regular words, people would ask you if you are high or so. I recommend to not allow people under the age of 12 or the mental age below 12 to join this club. 😉 Now, Scotty is such guy who only helps a lot to get some kick and thinks to be one of the most active helpers allows him to harrass or offend others that do not help so much. Same with you, you are both a minus.

The one thought I always get it is that both you have some definite racism inside yourself, seems you supposed, by my username wooohanetworks, that I am an Asian or Black you can leave out your hate on with the known anonymity here at Joomlart.com but in the real world outside you would have no guts, we never saw live urls from you guys constantly asking for those from others;). But sorry, sorry to anyone that may be included in your hate, I am a simple guy wiho looks like all the white guys on this planet. My username I chose on what I had the thought about woooohaaaaaaa, a simple chakka scream. So, my apologies for your behaviour which can have no other reason than racism against some member who you supposed is not white, to those who may feel offended in serious ways from your acts. I cannot stand racism of any kind, so I think that switching to RT where members like you are not around, is the best way. Thanks for the nice time and see ya hopefully never again!</blockquote>

wooohanetworks,

I was about to consider the “plausibility” of your side, after reading Shannon’s post, as indicated here:
    <em>@ShannonN 115311 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have reported this post as offensive and am not scared to say so, any others that are sick of this kind of post care to report it also

ShannonN</blockquote>

Hi ShannonN,

I am not taking sides because I do not know the story and history of the two protagonists, in this side drama. However, I wonder if you took the time to investigate what they are talking about. With Scotty not providing the links to the other threads that he was talking about, it is difficult for other members to ascertain, if one is really just out of topic, or the other is indeed harrassing, as the other party claimed.

Cornelio

But, after reading your response to Shannon, as quoted above, it made me pause.

I do not know Shannon that well, nor had much interaction with him(her) through the forum; but from the few posts that I read here more than a year ago, there was a time when Shannon tried to help quite a bit.

I know even less of Scotty, but to belittle what he has done for other members say as much about you. I have been a member longer than Scotty (of course, I have not been in the forum most of the time), but the fact that Scotty has accumulated 395 thank you’s (from members) so far, says a lot about him.

If I remember correctly, Scotty and I, have not always been on the same side when it comes to issues affecting members. I am not sure if Scotty or Shannon are Moderators. And, if they are, that should be indicated in their IDs, so that we know why they present themselves the way they do.

But, whether Scotty is a “unofficial Moderator” or not, having been the recipient of technical help in the Forum, and have attempted myself to help others, when I can, I know how much time, it takes to do that. Thus, even if I Scotty and I would have disagreed in all issues here (which by the way is not the case), he will still have my utmost respect for the work he has done for others.

To accuse Shannon or Scotty therefore, as you posted above, revealed more about you than any indication of Shannon or Scotty’s mental development and social skills. I am Asian (Filipino) myself, but in the forums, I have never cited racism to be the reason why I have been vilified in this Forum, in the past.

Number and Rate of Downloads

This thread has already gone a different path, since you raised the issue about downloads, but your own accusations above may warrant a response, from someone who has not interacted with you before.

I have been a member since 2 August 2007. I have a Developer since July 2007 (it should have been August 2007, a mistake by Joomlart) and I have several dozens of domains I wanted to develop. My profile states I have downloaded only 72 – for a period of more than one and a half (1.5) years. Most were Teline II, as I tend to download a fresh file, in case something went awry during installation, or if I have not been around for a few months. It was easier that way, than diagnosing what went awry.

I have downloaded a few (about a dozen or so) other templates, but most were done to install a dummy site, whenI tried to help others understand the problems they were having and no Joomlart staff was helping.

Less than a dozen of these templates were downloaded when Joomlart planned to initiate the “Call Home” function. I wanted to have copies of them, before they got into some templates I might want to use in the future (but so far have not used them). Fortunately, because of protests from many very vocal members, Hung decided to shelve the plan. [More on this in a separate post.[

Your download rate and number. Based on your public profile, you are a member now for about six (6) months, or just more than 180 days perhaps, including weekends and holidays. And yet, during that period, you managed to download 255 times — more than one download per day.

I would understand perhaps, if you are a full time Developer and have a gazilion clients if you are a very good web designer. But, your profile says you just have a standard membership. The most recent policy indicated that you can use them only in your own websites. Plus, even if it is only your own sites, in the old licensing terms, you can only use them at most in 3 domains.

When do you get time to install them, and customize those you installed? The past few days, I have spent one single purpose, to change some of the CSS files, as I was trying to modify the layout of a single website. Then, tried to check their browser compatibility, etc.

Am I missing something?

If I were Hung, I would be asking perhaps similar questions that you and Scotty might have been doing in other threads — although I have not read them, except for what you and Scotty revealed here.

It is dubious practices like this that prompted Joomlart to try to implement the “Call Home” function, and the attempt to prevent standard members to remove the “Designed by Joomlart”.

These policies affect every member, even if only a few may be guilty of abusing Joomlart licensing policies, Thus, I would understand, if members like Scotty, may be more zealous because he too would be affected.

If you think you are being misjudged by either Scotty or Shannon, you could have done yourself a better defense by citing the link (URL) to the previous post that you were talking about. Instead, you went overboard by your initial response to Scotty, and then castigated by Shannon.

So far, as I can discern from what the three parties posted here, neither of the two other protagonists can be accused of being a racist. It is a cope out to use this defense, when we cannot mount a more rational defense to our actions.

With this rebuke, I might likely be subjected to the same treatment, as Scotty and Shannon, had.

Cornelio

ShannonN Friend

cgc0202;115682wooohanetworks,

I was about to consider the “plausibility” of your side, after reading Shannon’s post, as indicated here:

Hi ShannonN,

I am not taking sides because I do not know the story and history of the two protagonists, in this side drama. However, I wonder if you took the time to investigate what they are talking about. With Scotty not providing the links to the other threads that he was talking about, it is difficult for other members to ascertain, if one is really just out of topic, or the other is indeed harrassing, as the other party claimed.

Cornelio

Just a quick note to all
    The reason that post was reported was the word used was obviously B . I. T. C. H
    this used to describe a guy that is helpful etc is unacceptable, in other posts telling people they have no brains etc is insulting, Me racist, I think anyone here that’s been around knows different, I have helped offline ppl from many countries without discrimination. and scoff at the suggestion.

I shouldn’t have to defend myself, ppl know what I have done here over the years or not.
    I’m just getting sick of this guy putting anyone that doesn’t agree with his view down, calling ppl names saying their brainless et al. It’s against forum rules and I’m surprised JA or Miccas hasn’t come out and said something, if JA wants to ban me go for it, I’m sure given offline response there’ll be a few that will speak in my defense, wonder who defend the other bloke?

Cheers ShannonN

bennitos Friend

<em>@ShannonN 115685 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just a quick note to all
    The reason that post was reported was the word used was obviously B . I. T. C. H
    this used to describe a guy that is helpful etc is unacceptable, in other posts telling people they have no brains etc is insulting, Me racist, I think anyone here that’s been around knows different, I have helped offline ppl from many countries without discrimination. and scoff at the suggestion.

I shouldn’t have to defend myself, ppl know what I have done here over the years or not.
    I’m just getting sick of this guy putting anyone that doesn’t agree with his view down, calling ppl names saying their brainless et al. It’s against forum rules and I’m surprised JA or Miccas hasn’t come out and said something, if JA wants to ban me go for it, I’m sure given offline response there’ll be a few that will speak in my defense, wonder who defend the other bloke?

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>

I dont think you have to deffend yourself. For everyone who is a bit active on here its quite obvious who the troublemaker is. I can point out 10 different threads with ease. Regarding JA responding to it they shine in absence, and frankly they only respond when they feel insulted personally.

billyk Friend

I agree.

Neither of the aforementioned members should have to defend themselves. As a child, I was taught, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all” This has saved me from making no one but myself feel bad. Another thing is that what this person thinks of others is none of their business. (You have to think about that one to know that it is said with utmost respect)

Sinking to this person’s level is what he wants, and by continuing to reply to this thread about his rants actually is making it so that he/she wins! Maybe if we all think hard enough they’ll go away! Someone like this is, IMHO, akin to no less than a terrorist.>:(

Don’t feed them and they won’t win!

<em>@bennitos 115694 wrote:</em><blockquote>I dont think you have to deffend yourself. For everyone who is a bit active on here its quite obvious who the troublemaker is. I can point out 10 different threads with ease. Regarding JA responding to it they shine in absence, and frankly they only respond when they feel insulted personally.</blockquote>

scotty Friend

Ahh I was going to write a reply but it would be a total waste of time. I pity the members over on RT though… they don’t know that they are in for.

On a side note…. I think this forum badly needs a few more active moderators. And a Joomart representative who could answer some of these ongoing membership concerns would be great.

I nominate Bennitos, Questbg, Jessica and/or MJ1246 as moderators. All are friendly, well mannered, helpful, and reasonable people to deal with. And are all active on here too.

mj1256 Friend

argh, maybe i should go after you for making me 10 years older LOL

I have applied for moderator several times and I was turned down

If I remember right, a moderator needs to be able to answer 300+ posts a month, and needs to have strong programmer skills

its also a paid position, and although I do not know JA’s side of the story, several of the old mods complained about JA not paying and breaking the agreements.

ShannonN Friend

mj1256;115724argh, maybe i should go after you for making me 10 years older LOL

I have applied for moderator several times and I was turned down

If I remember right, a moderator needs to be able to answer 300+ posts a month, and needs to have strong programmer skills

its also a paid position, and although I do not know JA’s side of the story, several of the old mods complained about JA not paying and breaking the agreements.

🙂 ask Menalto for advise on moderating JA forums also MiCCAS I’ve seen his frustration at not getting support from JA to his enquiries on members behalf

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum