Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I searched the forum and found a post on this in 2008 with no resolution posted.

How can you change the tab order for JATabs? It appears to show the tabs in reverse article ID order (i.e. the article with the highest ID first). I’ve tried entering the individual articles, changing the order, etc… to no avail.

I am using the JA Community Plus template on Joomla 1.6.

Also, there is a link in a past post on the documentation for this plugin, but even though I am a paid user for the templates it won’t give me access to that link.

Thank you in advance!

thuanlq Friend

Dear @it4inc,

The ja tabs plugin on joomla 1.6 doesn’t support for seting ordering of articles, default ordering is “order by ordering”. You can resolve this issue as following:
    – Open “jatabs.php” file in the folder “plugins/system/jatabs/”
    – Change lines code

// Set ordering
    $model->setState('list.ordering', 'a.ordering');
    $model->setState('list.direction', '');

to

// Set ordering
    $model->setState('list.ordering', 'a.id');
    $model->setState('list.direction', 'desc');

Good luck!

konsulenten Friend

Thanks for this good advice.

Is it possible to set the ordering to the order of the ID’s: {jatabs type=”articles” ids=”102,88,103″…

Best regards,
    Reidar Nygård

thangnn1510 Friend

<em>@konsulenten 246978 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for this good advice.

Is it possible to set the ordering to the order of the ID’s: {jatabs type=”articles” ids=”102,88,103″…

Best regards,
    Reidar Nygård</blockquote>

Currently JA Tab only order by the ordering of articles, so I suggest that you set order of your articles: 102, 88, 103…

sbajardi Friend

<em>@thangnn1510 247155 wrote:</em><blockquote>Currently JA Tab only order by the ordering of articles, so I suggest that you set order of your articles: 102, 88, 103…</blockquote>

Hi,
    I hae the same problem…I can’t manage to change the order of articles (I’m displaying articles within a category). Could you please tell me how to change the code in Joomla 1.5? Thank you!

thangnn1510 Friend

<em>@sbajardi 248061 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    I hae the same problem…I can’t manage to change the order of articles (I’m displaying articles within a category). Could you please tell me how to change the code in Joomla 1.5? Thank you!</blockquote>

It is not changing code in this case. By default it orders by the order of articles first so you need only to change ordering of articles the tab will work well.

konsulenten Friend

Is it possible to modify the code to order by date?

// Set ordering
    $model->setState(‘list.ordering’, ‘a.id’);
    $model->setState(‘list.direction’, ‘desc’);

Regards
    Reidar Nygård

Sherlock Friend

<em>@konsulenten 258379 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is it possible to modify the code to order by date?

// Set ordering
    $model->setState(‘list.ordering’, ‘a.id’);
    $model->setState(‘list.direction’, ‘desc’);

Regards
    Reidar Nygård</blockquote>

Hi Reidar,

I think you can set to order by the created date, try this
    $model->setState(‘list.ordering’, ‘a.created’);

konsulenten Friend

<em>@Dat Hoang 258934 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Reidar,

I think you can set to order by the created date, try this
    $model->setState(‘list.ordering’, ‘a.created’);</blockquote>

Of course the most wanted function would be to sort the tabs by the order of the articles in the code:
    {jatabs type=”articles” ids=”102,88,103…

102 first, then 88, then 103

Is it not possible to read this order and use it as the ordering method?

Best regards
    Reidar Nygård

Blaine Friend

You can have custom html added in the same area as the tabs.
    There is some excellent documentation here:
    http://demo.joomlart.com/extensions15/index.php?id=109&option=com_content&view=article
    Also, if this does not help, would you be so kind as to list the specific version of Joomla you are using, for example ~ 1.5.23
    Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Blaine 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum