Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

All of a sudden Clean Cache is not working.

When I check the folders to delete I get multiple JFolder::delete: Could not delete folder messages and access is denied to all the folders in the Cache folder.

Cache is turned off everywhere – Global conf, template dev mode is on, Optimize CCS & JS set to NO, system plugin cache disabled, all directoires writable and yet it continues to generate cache.

For example I am trying to change the date style of JA Newspro on the front page, which is probably stuck in the cache and php mods just won’t work – it generates files in the cache, and I don’t have an access to delete it.

The template is still a WAMP server project. I do use PHP 5.2,11.

Please help

Phill Moderator

Please delete the t3 assets folder completely (make a backup or simply rename it) and see if that helps.

obliat Friend

Forgot to say it says Access denied when I try to click that folder as well. Delete and rename buttons have win admin icons and won’t let me do anything.

Also – windows error message for access denied says No such location on all cache and t3-assets folder.

Access is totally denied, no matter admin or not. Can’t work on the template.

Phill Moderator

I really cannot help you with your windows problems. Maybe booting up in safe mode and deleting the files would work.

The joys of M$.

obliat Friend

But it was all fine till say yesterday and there is no worries with windows – not that I can find some. Template is functioning, I can work, but this thing is stuck and won’t let me modify JA Newspro as it’s stuck with the cache which is completely disabled, yet still functioning.

Phill Moderator

If the file cannot be deleted in windows then there IS a windows problem. When windows writes to a folder it adds all sorts of flages to it and it appears one of these is not as it should be. It happens. You will have to try booting as an administrator in safe mode to remove the file. Or use Google for other ways to remove stuck files in windows.

obliat Friend

Rebooted in Safe mode in order to try your suggestion and t3-assets plus all the folders within cache were gone. Restarted and working now, but can’t seem to find a solution to my earlier thread about JA Newspro date format on the frontpage.

obliat Friend

No, I give up. It was all clean and now modules are cached again and subfolders are not accessible within cache fodler with Jfolder::delete error again when trying to clean cache. So how can this be a windows problem? Cache is turned off everywhere yet it works and generates problems.

Phill Moderator

What version of the JAT3 framework are you using? I’ve done tests with version 1.2.3 and cannot replicate your issue. Also using Wamp and also using PHP 5.2.11

obliat Friend

All the same as above. Question is why cache is working when it should absolutely not. That drives me crazy as I can’t figure it out. And why only cache folder has those (maybe windows related) issues.

It is just not solved yet so I have to find out why cache is working, but can’t be deleted. I can’t remember of nothing specific happend to lead to that problem. Maybe when I think of it now I had issues with JA Comment component. It wouldn’t install. Then I decided to switch to PHP 5.3.0 and it installed. Then I rolled back to 5.2.11 and JA Comments is working fine, and I am not sure but maybe those cache problems started around this, but absolutely not sure.

Phill Moderator

On my windows box everything works as it should. I’ve done extensive tests. When you set Optimize css and js to “no” then the t3 folder vanishes. Enable it and it returns as it should. I am certain that you must have a problem with either your install or some corruption in windows. I really cannot offer any further help on this.

obliat Friend

Great, all of a sudden problem occurs, and the headbang is my only solution.

Can you at least tell me why cache is working when it’s completely disabled everywhere. Is that a windows problem?

Phill Moderator

Something on your system is corrupt. As I am not there to look at it I cannot tell why which is why I state I cannot help you further. I can mage suggestion such as re-install the template and the plugin but that is about it. If I was there in front of your system maybe I could help, but I am not and have no accesss to your system. Sorry, but there really is nothing elese I have to offer. Maybe someone else has seen this problem before but I certainly do not know what your issue is.

obliat Friend

BAcked-up templated, reinstalled WAMP and (for)now all fine. Except there is no feedback on how to change the date format on the frontpage under JA Newspro.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  obliat 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum