Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

There are a large number of posts in many forums about jaslideshow and the inability to link an image in the slideshow to any page.

I’m in the same boat

Whether I use

sl-1.jpg:caption=Description 1&url=url

or

<p>Day Entertainment<br>
    With 2 days of top class non stop entertainment day and night this is great value for money</p>

The image doesn’t link … page refreshes only.

You can make the text inside the paragraph tags work by hot linking the text but then you get the associated CSS issues that go with this.

yerg Friend

Hi Devs

See you’ve been and checked things out … any resolution to the issue?

I may have to pull the plug on this cos the site relaunch is next week and I have a virtuemart site to get setup and I’m not about to rework the site and template to fit if we can’t resolve the issue here.

————– edit ——-

Any further ideas?

I’m running out of time

partyxxl Friend

I fixed the issue like this :
    Open “mod_jaslideshow.php” in the JA Slideshow folder on your server.

Search for this line :
    [PHP]$descriptionArray[$img] = array(‘thumb’=>$url,’caption’=>str_replace(“n”,”<br />”,trim($match[2])));[/PHP]

Now, ‘disable’ it by commenting it, put “//” in front of this code to do this
    [PHP]//$descriptionArray[$img] = array(‘thumb’=>$url,’caption’=>str_replace(“n”,”<br />”,trim($match[2])));[/PHP]

And upload !

If it works : Yay
    If it doesn’t : I’m sorry, but this worked for me ! To revert the changes just delete “//” from the file and reupload.

P.S.: I used the JA_Slideshow files included in the Sandine II quickstart package

yerg Friend

:(( sorry but that didn’t help.

:(( Sadly it looks like this component is dead in the water … not much point having a slideshow which appears to link somehwere and it doesn’t. :(( :((

rbartram Friend

It worked perfect for me. Thank you

rbartram Friend

For some reason my thumb’s dont show the correct picture. I have them as sl-1.jpg, sl-2.jpg, etc. and in the thumbs folder. They display but 1 and 3 show as the same and 3 and 4 are backwards and no matter what I do they stay backwards. Is there a line of code that causes this or is is a graphic size, limitation or somthing?

yerg Friend

<em>@rbartram 119548 wrote:</em><blockquote>For some reason my thumb’s dont show the correct picture. I have them as sl-1.jpg, sl-2.jpg, etc. and in the thumbs folder. They display but 1 and 3 show as the same and 3 and 4 are backwards and no matter what I do they stay backwards. Is there a line of code that causes this or is is a graphic size, limitation or somthing?</blockquote>

Remove all the images in the images/resized/images/stories/slideshow directory

rbartram Friend

If i remove those immages then it will automatically display the default thumbs that come with the Mod. Looks like video game immages.

helloxuweifu Friend

in my project ,the same issue as yours,i found the ja-slideshow.css file is empty,so i copy one to it ,i works.

arisean2 Friend

I had this same problem but i couldn’t figure it out and gave up on it. Let me know if anything changes for you so i can try it.

sleepybaby Friend

Very frustrating!

vincentkenya Friend

<em>@yerg 119512 wrote:</em><blockquote>:(( sorry but that didn’t help.

:(( Sadly it looks like this component is dead in the water … not much point having a slideshow which appears to link somehwere and it doesn’t. :(( :((</blockquote>

Use the description provided on the module. Then activate the description by turning” Show description” to Yes. I did that and it worked fine without having to edit any php file.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  vincentkenya 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum