Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m confused. I was under the impression that a template overrides would not be over-written during an upgrade. Earlier today, I upgraded the JAsidenews extension, then discovered that my template override (templates/ja_mero/html/mod_jasidenews/default.php) had been replaced. How do I preserve a template override from being over-written?

phong nam Friend

Hi cssdaweb,

In fact, the template override of module layout will NOT be overridden when upgrading that module. Only the files in modules/mod_jasidenews/ folder are replaced.

<blockquote>then discovered that my template override (templates/ja_mero/html/mod_jasidenews/default.php) had been replaced.</blockquote>

This issue just only happens when you updating the template. The most potential method to prevent your override layout modification from updating template is taking a backup of site.

Or another solution is using our compare tool to find out what our devs have updated inside the template. Then you can copy the updated changes to your current template without updating the template.

cssdaweb Friend

<em>@Leo Burnetts 407078 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi cssdaweb,

In fact, the template override of module layout will NOT be overridden when upgrading that module. Only the files in modules/mod_jasidenews/ folder are replaced.

This issue just only happens when you updating the template. The most potential method to prevent your override layout modification from updating template is taking a backup of site.

Or another solution is using our compare tool to find out what our devs have updated inside the template. Then you can copy the updated changes to your current template without updating the template.</blockquote>

Thank you for responding. My template overrides were overwritten, which from my way of thinking should not ever happen without major warnings.

phong nam Friend

@ cssdaweb,

As I explained in my previous reply, it’s updating behavior of Joomla extensions that when you upgrade, it will replace based files/folder in that extension and will NOT affect overridden files/folder inside the template.

These files are only overwritten when you update the template. In order to prevent this, the best solution is that you use our JA Extension Manager component (JAEM) to update. Our component provides options so that you can check which files will be changed/replaced then you can make your own choice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum