Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

On my Ja Regulus based template I get flash of font size – where the initial font is smaller than the one that eventually loads.It’s annoying and I haven’t been able to fix it. I looke in every CSS file without luck.

Anyone with a fresh mind wants to try?

conticreative.com

Khanh Le Moderator

Open your template css file template_css.css, change following value from 66 to 76:

body {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    color: #0F1114;
    background: #FFFFFF;
    font: 66% "Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Arial, sans-serif;
    }

corrado444 Friend

Better, thank you. However I am still experiencing a line height “jump” as well. I’ll try messing up with that value.

Out of curiosity, where was the value that created the “flash”? In the javascript file? If so the line height may be there too. I’ll look, but I always like to know the “why” of things as well.

Thank you so much

corrado444 Friend

OK, I found the font size declaration in the JS file.
    Now I noticed (before it was masked by the font size) that the line height does jump and it seems to get better if I change it from 160% to 100% without any negative impact on my content that I can see, but also I notice that the letter spacing “jumps” (again for lack of a better term) from one size to another. I am currently trying to find where the declaration is and I’ll post the solution if I find it.

Thank you again

corrado444 Friend

More updates: There is a jump in the .contentheading font wereas it could be a bold or a letter spacing issue. Another jump somehow appears on the div right above the main content right below the id=”pathway”. It could be the fact I eliminated the previous divs part of the content rotator.
    Now that I am working on it it’s becoming supremely annoying. Any help appreciated http://www.conticreative.com

corrado444 Friend

New clue: IE7 only I see the jump. I fixed the jump in the pathway by fixing the div height manually and it stopped jumping, however the .contentheading and the <li> line height are respectively jumping larger and taller and settle back to their size.
    This behavior does not happen in Firefox at all. Only in IE7 (Have no idea about IE6)

Khanh Le Moderator

Firstly, you should apply this hack to fix the rendering problem on IE7: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4017&postcount=6

For the font flash: This template support font size adjustment on client site (users click on ‘+’, ‘-‘ buttons). If you think that it annoys you and your users, you should turn off this function by following these steps:
    1. Open index.php.
    2. Set value of $tool to 0
    3. Search “<body id=”bd” onload=”setUserOptions();initRoll();”>” and replace by:
    <body id=”bd” onload=”initRoll();”>

corrado444 Friend

Hi, changing the body id” code seems to have fixed the problem. $tool was already at 0 as I had figured that outon m own and the font resizing is still working fine.

It seems that with your help we fixed the problem. Thank you

jvernoski Friend

Any more progress on this?

I, too, have an issue where the page loads then flashes, except that the inital font is larger and then gets smaller as the page settles.

Downloaded this template on 12/11/06.

Also, is the font size set in:

/* normal text */
    td, div {
    font-size: 1em;

I would like my found to be slightly larger. But setting it to 1.1em makes it too large. Setting it to 1.05 does’t seem to make it very happy. Recommendations? Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jvernoski 17 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum