Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Dear forummembers,

I just started Jahotel and installed the quickstart.
    My goal is to create an airbnb like site with Jomres. I use Jomres for several years now, and switching to solidres is no option for me.
    First small problem after installing the quickstart is that there is no check availibility module displayed blow the slideshow as in the demo. I tried setting the solidres check availibility module at some position, but it only displays the fields vertically, instead of horizontally.
    Second is that I would like the check availibility screen displayed over the slideshow at the bottom (transparant). Like it is done at airbnb.

Can someone give me some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

BEst regards,

Ruud Boersma

Adam M Moderator

HI @rboersma,

1. The module you see in demo is Solidres – Module Advanced Search which doesn’t come with the template but with Solidres instead and you can check it here (scroll down to section Solidres – Module Advanced Search).

2. Please try to setup the module in point 1 first, then let me know when you’re finished so I can see if we can adjust the layout to get similar result as in Airbnb

Adam M Moderator

HI @rboersma,

1. The module you see in demo is Solidres – Module Advanced Search which doesn’t come with the template but with Solidres instead and you can check it here (scroll down to section Solidres – Module Advanced Search).

2. Please try to setup the module in point 1 first, then let me know when you’re finished so I can see if we can adjust the layout to get similar result as in Airbnb

rboersma Friend

Thank you for your answer.

The solidres advanced search comes with the paid solidres package. I’m using Jomres.
    I’m going to built a clean jahotel next to the demo site, and install Jomres. Then i’ll start buidling the site like in the demo. Do you have setup instructions on how to built the demo without installing the example data?
    When i’m finished i’ll set the Jomres search module at the same position, and then we can try to change the layout a bit like the airbnb style.
    or better, i’ll install Jomres in my current demo setup. It won’t bite Solidres. It’ll be faster.

rboersma Friend

Thank you for your answer.

The solidres advanced search comes with the paid solidres package. I’m using Jomres.
    I’m going to built a clean jahotel next to the demo site, and install Jomres. Then i’ll start buidling the site like in the demo. Do you have setup instructions on how to built the demo without installing the example data?
    When i’m finished i’ll set the Jomres search module at the same position, and then we can try to change the layout a bit like the airbnb style.
    or better, i’ll install Jomres in my current demo setup. It won’t bite Solidres. It’ll be faster.

rboersma Friend

It’s in place at http://www.vakantieterschelling.eu/jahotel
    Any idea how the change the layout a bit to make it look a bit like airbnb?

rboersma Friend

It’s in place at http://www.vakantieterschelling.eu/jahotel
    Any idea how the change the layout a bit to make it look a bit like airbnb?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @rboersma,

Currently, I only see the filter module there, you will need to enable at least 1 slideshow too in order to reproduce the same layout as in airbnb. Please let me know when you’re finished and I will provide you the code to pull the filter module up in this page.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @rboersma,

Currently, I only see the filter module there, you will need to enable at least 1 slideshow too in order to reproduce the same layout as in airbnb. Please let me know when you’re finished and I will provide you the code to pull the filter module up in this page.

rboersma Friend

Hi Adam,

You probably looked when I was breaking up things:) Everything is in place right now.
    The idea is to get the section_1 at the bottom of the slideshow placed within the same transparant bar as the upper main menu. This way, i think, it makes things look good. Also the search is now places out of screen (desktops with standard resolutions). The check availibility for hotel websites must always be easy accessible.

rboersma Friend

Hi Adam,

You probably looked when I was breaking up things:) Everything is in place right now.
    The idea is to get the section_1 at the bottom of the slideshow placed within the same transparant bar as the upper main menu. This way, i think, it makes things look good. Also the search is now places out of screen (desktops with standard resolutions). The check availibility for hotel websites must always be easy accessible.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @rboersma,

Please open file templatesja_hotelcsscustom.css and add this code :

@media (min-width: 767px) {
    .home .t3-section.t3-section-1 {
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6);
    box-shadow: none;
    margin-top: -180px;
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    }
    .home .t3-section.t3-section-1 .t3-module,
    .home .t3-section.t3-section-1 .module-ct {
    background: none;
    margin: 0;
    }
    .home .t3-section.t3-section-1 .home-search .input-group .form-control {
    background: #f7f7f7;
    }
    .home .t3-section.t3-section-1 .home-search select {
    padding-bottom: 10px;
    padding-top: 10px;
    }
    }

Adam M Moderator

Hi @rboersma,

Please open file templatesja_hotelcsscustom.css and add this code :

@media (min-width: 767px) {
    .home .t3-section.t3-section-1 {
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6);
    margin-top: -180px;
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    }
    .home .t3-section.t3-section-1 .t3-module,
    .home .t3-section.t3-section-1 .module-ct {
    background: none;
    margin: 0;
    }
    .home .t3-section.t3-section-1 .home-search .input-group .form-control {
    }
    .home .t3-section.t3-section-1 .home-search select {
    padding-bottom: 10px;
    padding-top: 10px;
    }
    }

rboersma Friend

Yess! This is great. Thanks. I can fine tune things from here. I’ll start building a new empty site from scratch, and use this one for reference.
    :):):)
    Very happy customer here!

Best regards,

Ruud Boersma

rboersma Friend

Yess! This is great. Thanks. I can fine tune things from here. I’ll start building a new empty site from scratch, and use this one for reference.
    :):):)
    Very happy customer here!

Best regards,

Ruud Boersma

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rboersma 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum