Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

When I try to save (or apply or preview) changes to content, such as a News Item, nothing happens, except an “error on page” message in the lower left hand corner. I haven’t changed the .php files at all. The error message reads:
    Line 2528, Character 3 Error: This.contentWindow.document is null or not an object.

I am editing an existing item, i.e. Example News Item 1 and I am trying to edit the content from the Administrator panel. I am using the Joomla 1.0.12-Stable version.

Thanks for any help, I’m a real noob and I’m stuck until I can edit my content.
    karl

ha le-viet Developer

Hi Karl,

It seems there’s a conflict between JA Zebrina’s JAAX and Joomla’s frontend admin. Try logging in your Administration Panel to edit your content or disable JAAX in the template’s index.php.

P/S: Thread moved to corresponding area.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

karlfraeta Friend

I have been trying to edit the content via the Administration panel. Do I have to make any files writeable on the front end before I can edit content? I made the html and css writable in the template manager on the front end.

Very frustrated,
    Karl

ha le-viet Developer

Hi Karl,

If you did things in the Administration Panel you just need to set your configuration.php writable. And there’s no relationship between JA Zebrina template (or whatever template) and the Admin Panel of Joomla.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

karlfraeta Friend

Ha,

What do you mean there’s no relationship between JA Zebrina template (or whatever template) and the Admin Panel of Joomla? Are you saying I have to edit all content on through my front end administrator panel? I don’t know HTML so I’m not comfortable doing that, isn’t that the point of Joomla, that I don’t have to know HTML?

This has nothing to do with the JA Zebrina template, I’ve disable JAAX in it and there is no change. I cannot edit content when I change to the default Solarflare template either. The configuration.php has always been writeable.

Here’s what I get in the Joomla admin panel when I choose Content Items Manager, then Edit Example News Item 1 – Two large fields, one for Intro text and one for main body text, I cannot get a cursor in the Intro text field, and when I move down to the main body field and edit what is there, it will not let me save, preview or apply without the above-referenced error message. Same goes for any content I try to edit or create new.

I must be missing something right in front of my face.

Thanks again,
    Karl

ha le-viet Developer

Hi Karl,

Can you PM me one administrative account and the live site URL of your site. I’ll check this out.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ha le-viet 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum