Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Since Fireboard is no longer supported (i.e. they’ve closed shop) and it appears Kunena is taken it’s place, will there be an update for the JA_Sanidine and Sanidine II forum template to be compatible?

Phill Moderator

<em>@leonphelpsmonkey 113287 wrote:</em><blockquote>Since Fireboard is no longer supported (i.e. they’ve closed shop) and it appears Kunena is taken it’s place, will there be an update for the JA_Sanidine and Sanidine II forum template to be compatible?</blockquote>

All the fireboard templates work in Kunena as it is essentially the same code. I’m going to do a local install now just to check though.

Hmmm, they do not seem to work properly. I’m looking into it now

leonphelpsmonkey Friend

The templates did work with 1.07b, but with the recent update of 1.08, they are rendered invalid.

Phill Moderator

That’s odd, it works with Kunena 1.07 but not with 1.08

leonphelpsmonkey Friend

Yeah, here is there response thus far on it…

There have been quite a few changes. Some in the CSS. A lot in the code. Since the graphics and logic were would together so tight in the templates it could be anything.

http://www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=16&id=4076

Phill Moderator

It was quite a simple fix.

Copy the templates from components>come_fireboard>templates into components>com_kunena>templates

rename forum.css to kunena.forum.css

leonphelpsmonkey Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 113298 wrote:</em><blockquote>It was quite a simple fix.

Copy the templates from components>come_fireboard>templates into components>com_kunena>templates

rename forum.css to kunena.forum.css</blockquote>

You’re the man! Thank you very much!

leonphelpsmonkey Friend

Just received a response on the Kunena boards advising not to import old fireboard templates as it renders Kunena security fixes useless. Basically, it’s like re-installing fireboard again. So, back to the original question of a possible update of the JA_Sanidine & Sanidine II forum templates to be used with Kunena.

Phill Moderator

In this case I do not believe they have actually looked at the files. The Sandine templates do not use their own custom php but rather just apply css changes. I can see no reason why you should not use them but I stand to be corrected.

leonphelpsmonkey Friend

Ah! I’ll pose that question back to them and get back with an update.

leonphelpsmonkey Friend

Ok I asked…

DOH! Thanks for the heads up!

Just so I’m clear, the template wasn’t a “default” template, but a template designed for fireboard none the less. So basically any old template designed for fireboard and used in Kunena would render Kunena 1.08 a security risk?

The response was…

Yes, if there are any php files other than icons.php

That’s why I’m trying to make some instructions on how to update templates to Kunena 1.0.8:
    docs.kunena.com/index.php/Templates_FAQ

It doesn’t contain all the information yet, but I’m working on it..

Seeing as the only other .php file in those two templates is the index.php (dummy file) I don’t see there is any risk.

Phill Moderator

Yeah, I’ve looked at the template changes from fb-kunena and there are security risks but not in the JA templates because as you have realised, the only .php file is a dummy placeholder file with nothing of interest in it. The other functions are directly from the existing code sot IMO you are safe as you can be

itgl72 Friend

This is an interesting topic. I have been away for a few weeks, or more and see fireboard is no more and now there is this Kunena. I was planning on working with this template, CB, and FB, now Kunena and just the addition of the changes has made my head spin.

SO, I’ll be following this thread for any further developments or updates and keep on top of anything new in the Joom, CB, Kunena world for hopefully a smooth project.

In case devs missed this: Templates FAQ

Phill Moderator

Thanks for that link. I wish I had seen it before I spent ages looking at the code:)

ganzuelo Friend

So does the renaming work or should I wait until someone updates the theme?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ganzuelo 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum