Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am using the JA_Purity template with Joomla 1.5
    I have a bit of a problem with this template and the layout in IE6+
    when viewed in Firefox everything is fine, but when viewed in IE, first of all the hidden accessibility menu is visible at all times (I have now removed it altogether, and secondly the layout of the Search and Font-size buttons is borked as they no longer sit on top of the background image.
    Unfortunately the installation is on an intranet so you can’t see it directly. You can see screenshots here:

Firefox
    IE6

Any ideas, anyone?

maffu Friend

Anyone at all?

maffu Friend

Where is the love, folks?
    Where. Is. The LOVE?

maffu Friend

You just don’t care, do you?
    “You’ve got your free template, now get lost and deal with it, you freeloading parasite”.
    Well, I know where I stand now.
    I thought we had something special, Joomlart. I thought you were the one. But oh, no. The first sign of stormy weather and that’s it, you’re off, and who cares what happens to me, as long as you’re ok.
    Well, i have news for you Joomlart – I never loved you – NEVER. It was all about the code. That’s all. So go on – ignore me. I only kept you around for the HTML and CSS, and all the while I was dallying with your big sister Joomlashack, who has bigger modules and doesn’t mind if you titillate the back end.
    Oh and by the way – I was faking it. >:(

thomasjojo Friend

no respone?

So i cant expect one either? I was member, but as the story goes, u dont have to be a member all the time, that shouldnt be necessary.-.

TomC Moderator

<em>@Maffu 52113 wrote:</em><blockquote>You just don’t care, do you?
    “You’ve got your free template, now get lost and deal with it, you freeloading parasite”.
    Well, I know where I stand now.
    I thought we had something special, Joomlart. I thought you were the one. But oh, no. The first sign of stormy weather and that’s it, you’re off, and who cares what happens to me, as long as you’re ok.
    Well, i have news for you Joomlart – I never loved you – NEVER. It was all about the code. That’s all. So go on – ignore me. I only kept you around for the HTML and CSS, and all the while I was dallying with your big sister Joomlashack, who has bigger modules and doesn’t mind if you titillate the back end.
    Oh and by the way – I was faking it. >:(</blockquote>
    Just goes to show how immature the intellectual property pirates can be.

😎

maffu Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 52153 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just goes to show how immature the intellectual property pirates can be.
    :cool:</blockquote>
    Who are you calling a pirate?
    As a ‘licensed member’ member I assume you are not referring to the staff of Joomlart.
    As for me, I haven’t infringed on any copyrights – I have used a template, that was offered free of charge, for the purpose that it was offered, and I then asked a question regarding its use.
    Asking a straight question returned absolutely no reply, so a little humour was injected in order to attract some attention. It appears to have worked too.
    Unfortunately, the attention it garnered seems to be from those completely unhelpful and unnecessarily sanctimonious types such as you, who post pointless and unfounded accusations and actually believe they are being ‘cool’ as they go about it.
    If you are not experiencing the problem, or helping with the solution, why even bother to post?
    Furthermore, if you do decide to post, perhaps looking at the facts would be in order before you go accusing people of non-existent criminal activity.
    Now that would be a test of maturity, wouldn’t you say?

TomC Moderator

<em>@Maffu 52297 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    As for me, I haven’t infringed on any copyrights – I have used a template, that was offered free of charge, for the purpose that it was offered,[/quote]
    Offered by whom?

Furthermore, if you do decide to post, perhaps looking at the facts would be in order before you go accusing people of non-existent criminal activity.</blockquote>
    The facts are that you’re an unlicensed member who is using a template that requires you to be a club member to have acquired and use. If there are “facts’ that you feel have not been identified, then perhaps you can enlighten us as to what part of the equation I seem to be missing.

ndmiharu Friend

Purity is a free template that anyone can use.

TomC Moderator

<em>@ndmiharu 52341 wrote:</em><blockquote>Purity is a free template that anyone can use.</blockquote>
    Ahhhhh . . . . The JA entry into the Joomla Template Contest.
    Took some looking around, but I eventually found it.

I stand corrected and apologize.

Strange that JA wouldn’t have a specific support section for this template – even if it’s free. Further, in my defense (though I concede to my error in judgment within the scope of this thread), template piracy is alive and well throughout the internet – and it’s not always easy to differentiate the legitimate versus the underhanded.

maffu Friend

Apology accepted.
    Now, can anybody actually help with this?

dax702 Friend

Maffu, I laughed when I saw your “injected humor”
    I agree with you that as Purity was entered into the template contest, that they should provide support for it even though it is free. Not only did they enter it, but it won. So of course that means lots of people are going to use it and will want support. I would answer your question if i knew the answer but I am just a noob here.

bigrk Friend

Moved thread. Posted to notify users.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum