Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Folks,

I want to choose between version 2.5 or 3.0 of JA_Next Template. Can someone recommend pros and cons please? Also need help for a use case –

I am creating the content on my local host and after the whole content is created I want to install it on my host provider hostgator. Can anyone tell me the steps to achieve this task?

Thanks

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>I want to choose between version 2.5 or 3.0 of JA_Next Template. Can someone recommend pros and cons please? Also need help for a use case – </blockquote>

It depends on the scope of your website and components or modules you want to use and if they are available for Joomla 3.1

example : if you want to use virtuemart then you will need to use the 2.5. version because VM Component i not yet ready for Joomla 3.1

So first you need to study which components you will to use in your new website check the availability of them and if they are available for joomla 3.1 then install the latest version

<blockquote>I am creating the content on my local host and after the whole content is created I want to install it on my host provider hostgator. Can anyone tell me the steps to achieve this task?</blockquote>

You can use akeeba backup to do this HERE you can find a good guide on how to move your site on a live server

pradeep_rs Friend

I don’t want to install VM component. So I will go for version 3.1. Do you foresee any best practices or challenges using akeeba tool for migrating website from local to hosting server?

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>Do you foresee any best practices or challenges using akeeba tool for migrating website from local to hosting server?</blockquote>

I migrated many websites with akeeba and never had problems with it

So you can go ahead with it to migrate in a secure way your website

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum