Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Im having a weird problem with ja-news-frontpage. I chose to display 4 articles but the first 2 only show the headings with no text at all. I check all the characters parameters and everything is correct. The way I know is because the next 2 articles show the full text with specified character length. I have installed the module and mambot several times.
    Im also having the same problem with ja-news where it only shows the title headings and no text underneath…..

Anyone has an idea why this would happen?

Sherlock Friend

Hi mixahl !
    Please send link of your site and administrator information via pm , i will check it for you !

mixahl Friend

Im not using it as my template right now since its causing me problems. I noticed that it will display characters from one section and not from the other….any ideas?
    it is essentially the same problem as here… http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-news-frontpage-module-headline-not-showing-articles/
    I have the latest version of the template too

fdevos Friend

Hi,

same problem here (using janews 1.3.1 and joomla 1.5.3), rotating headlines from frontpage shows only title and picture, but no text.

see http://www.artarabe.net/t2

any solution please?

tx

sw42it Friend

I have the same problem, and having no solution, but I tested the behavior and found a reason.:)

The problem depends on the Max Char Settings in the module settings and the length of your text.
    Please try the following:
    increase the number of the characters in your text greater than the max char number. Check if the text get’s now displayed.

E.g.
    Max Chars of Featured News: 5
    Max Chars of normal frontpage news: 5
    Length of your Text: 4 characters -> text will not be shown
    Length of your Text: 5 characters -> text will not be shown
    Length of your Text: 6 characters -> text will be dispayed !!!!

Could some of the develper will have a look into this and perhaps provide a quick bug fix? Would be great.

Tested using janews fp 1.3.1 with joomla 1.5.3

ramda Friend

Please ,Could Joomlart develper fix this bug?
    Thanks.

jeanbraille Friend

hello

i have the same problem here

http://www.80tube.com

Thanks

Phil

square Friend

<em>@sw42it 54764 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the same problem, and having no solution, but I tested the behavior and found a reason.:)

The problem depends on the Max Char Settings in the module settings and the length of your text.
    Please try the following:
    increase the number of the characters in your text greater than the max char number. Check if the text get’s now displayed.

E.g.
    Max Chars of Featured News: 5
    Max Chars of normal frontpage news: 5
    Length of your Text: 4 characters -> text will not be shown
    Length of your Text: 5 characters -> text will not be shown
    Length of your Text: 6 characters -> text will be dispayed !!!!

Could some of the develper will have a look into this and perhaps provide a quick bug fix? Would be great.

Tested using janews fp 1.3.1 with joomla 1.5.3</blockquote>
    Thanks for deducing the bug. I was going nuts trying to figure out wtf the text wasn’t displaying.

zdiar Friend

Hi, I have also experienced the same problem, and I guess the key to the solution is the text editor.
    Some text editors (mainly if their settings are not proper) creates text that is not perfectly readable to the FP modul.
    If you change to the HTML mode of your article, and you know HTML, you may see what might be wrong in the intro text.
    If it does not help, tell me which text editor you use, and copy the HTML code of the text + pic that you need to insert on the front page.

Sherlock Friend

Hi all !
    This is way for solved this issue :
    Open headline_fp.php file in modulesmod_janews_fptmpl folder , find following code line at about line 47:

<?php echo $bigmaxchar ? $news->introtext1 : $news->introtext;?>

replace it by :

<?php
    if($bigmaxchar > strlen($news->introtext)) {
    echo $news->introtext;
    } else {
    echo $news->introtext1;
    }
    ?>

JA will early update it . 😉

zdiar Friend

hainn84, thank you, it works brilliant!

Sometimes when using default.fp.php layout style I experience the same problem.
    The intro text for the normal frontpage news (NOT for the featured news) is not always shown.
    Also sometimes it is also the case with the intro text of the janews module.
    Do you think the same solution can be applied to both problem as well?

orbstein Friend

honestly, this is my first contribution with an answer. YES. copy the code as instructed by hainn84 into default.fp.php look for the same line of code from the headline.php file.

thewiper Friend

I’ve got the same problem with JA-Teline II but i’m using default_fp.php instead of headline_fp.php. So i changed my code in default_fp.php.

[PHP]<?php echo $bigmaxchar?$news->introtext1:$news->introtext;?>[/PHP]
    with
    [PHP] <?php
    echo $news->introtext;
    } else {
    echo $news->introtext1;
    }
    ?>
    [/PHP]

and

[PHP]<?php echo $smallmaxchar?$news->introtext1:$news->introtext;?>[/PHP]
    with
    [PHP]<?php
    if($smallmaxchar > strlen($news->introtext)) {
    echo $news->introtext;
    } else {
    echo $news->introtext1;
    }
    echo ‘<!– DEBUG
    Lenght of introtext:’.strlen($news->introtext).’
    Lenght of introtext1:’.strlen($news->introtext1).’
    Maximum lengh:’.$smallmaxchar.’–>’;
    ?>
    [/PHP]

Currently I’ve 4 news: one is “BIG” and it shows perfectly and 3 are “small”. One of these is shown ok and the debug is ok too:
    <!– DEBUG
    Lenght of introtext:265
    Lenght of introtext1:0
    Maximum lengh:8000
    –>
    Second and third news is not ok. Both are:
    <!– DEBUG
    Lenght of introtext:0
    Lenght of introtext1:0
    Maximum lengh:8000–>

I think that something is going wrong with foreach iteration or with helper file since I didn’t change anything else on the source code of ja_teline_II. Am I wrong? Another thing is this: if I remove the images the text is shown correctly. If I put images not! :-O

sw42it Friend

Hi thewiper,
    the following changes are based on “ja tellin II” version 1.5 for Joomla! 1.5.5

edit modulesmod_janews_fptmpldefault_fp.php in the following way.

replace first occurence of

<?php echo $bigmaxchar?$news->introtext1:$news->introtext;?>

with

<?php
    echo $news->introtext;
    } else {
    echo $news->introtext1;
    }
    ?>

also replace the second occurence of

<?php echo $smallmaxchar?$news->introtext1:$news->introtext;?>

with

<?php
    echo $news->introtext;
    } else {
    echo $news->introtext1;
    }
    ?>

that should fix your problem

thewiper Friend

Sw42it, unfortunately you code didn’t help me. If you look at my previeus post it’s the same thing I did. Closer: if I remove images from my post the text shows correctly, if I put images the text is not working.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  thewiper 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum