Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I only want to show 2 “boxes” in JA_news. I would like to display them in 2 columns (works perfectly with 4 boxes) ans one single row.
    When I select columns=2 and give the ID’s of 2 sections the template will display the boxes below each other instead of next to each other.
    Anyone figured this out?

(using Joomla! 1.5)
    Thanks!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Checked the Ja news module in Ja Cooper, it works the way you wish. Now setting up JA Vauxite demo on localhost. Lets see if it works or throws the same problem as yours. Will post my results in here.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

This is strange.

I installed JA Vauxite on localhost, and i could replicate your problem. While fiddling with the module settings.
    This is what i observed.

In the Demo setup these are the section IDs selected :

<blockquote>13
    9</blockquote>

If i put just 13 & 14. Then the modules are aligned one below other (as observed by you).

But if i put 13 & 12. They are aligned side by side. The same results with 12 & 14 or 13 & 5. but again 12 & 5 align one below other.

Its just that section ID’s 13 & 14 wont come side by side. This will take some time to understand. Its very strange. I even tried with clearing cookies and cache deletion.

Now i am confused too.

scavenja Friend

I have the same issue

Is there an answer?

nguyenhuu quang Friend

pls contact via PMB I can fis it for you
    Thanks

nguyenhuu quang Friend

pls drag and drop your Table ( your sec or cat) from 1 collum to 2 collums,
    and click Ctrl + F5 again.
    Thanks

scavenja Friend

what does ctrl f5 do? – is that windows or mac

scavenja Friend

ok – refresh cache – been doing that

nguyenhuu quang Friend

[FONT=”Arial Black”]refresh clean cache.[/FONT]

scavenja Friend

<em>@quang268 122107 wrote:</em><blockquote>[FONT=”Arial Black”]refresh clean cache.[/FONT]</blockquote>

thanks – thats on windows

its different on mac

scavenja Friend

so the answer to this issue is to drag the boxes round in your browser then clear cache??

scavenja Friend

can someone on this site please give some proper technical support please.

i cannot get JA New to display the sections and columns properly – and the behaviour is different in different browsers.

in safari sometimes it only displays one column, sometimes the right columns but not evennly spread – there will always be more sections in the left column

in firefox it displays two columns – but unevenly spread – and not in the order specified in the module

i shudder to think what it looks like in IE – just ignore that

scavenja Friend

one more problem now in Safari!!

i have 4 sections specified in the module only two are displayed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  scavenja 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum