Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi there

on our site ja news module is not publishing the newest article as latest in some sections, in some he does.

what can we do…

we use ja teline II and joomla 1.0.15

http://www.familie-direkt.info/ver2/index.php

questbg Friend

Hi neximuss

Please edit your post and remove all SuperAdmin and FTP passwords. This is an open forum and you could be hacked.

Let me look at the problem and try to suggest a fix.

ONLY send FTP/SuperAdmin passwords by Private Message, never on forum!

anisjolly Friend

report sent to admins if not removed in good time.

hopefully that will sort it.

questbg Friend

Nice looking site, well done!

I logged in as Admin and couldn’t find a problem. I published a new article and it appeared in JA News on the front page of the site?

(I’ve now unpublished this article but if you republish you can see it works :”test article” in “Family Start” section and “Beruf” category)

This could be because you are ‘editing’ the articles in the QuickStart package which have old ‘published’ dates?

Try to create a new article and it should appear in JA News front page.

Good Luck
    Chris

neximuss Friend

removed user data, hope not too late

neximuss Friend

yes, this section works, try btreuung section, please

questbg Friend

<em>@anisjolly 115062 wrote:</em><blockquote>report sent to admins if not removed in good time.
    </blockquote>

Thank anisjolly. Was trying to post the warning, look at the site and report to admin at the same time! Not enough fingers on the keyboard at the same time!

Hopefully we can sort this out without needing the SA or FTP passes.

Chris

questbg Friend

Hi Neximuss

OK. I published a new article in Btreunng section, quite right, the article doesn’t appear on the front page!

However, if you go to the actual Btreunng section the article is top”

http://www.familie-direkt.info/ver2/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=19&Itemid=621

It may take me some time, I’m not used to Joomla 1.x.x!

neximuss Friend

just to add some info,

this is quick start instalation, I tought the created section and categories where problem, so I created my own new sections and categories, nothig fixed the problem

neximuss Friend

we joomlaexplorer instaled if you need to check some files

neximuss Friend

any luck ?

questbg Friend

I tried to modify the ‘Main Menu’ to Order by most recent article (just to see if this would work), however, I got the following error:

“* Sie können das Menü nicht `löschen` da es für die zuverlässige Funktion von Joomla! erforderlich ist *
    * Das zuerst veröffentlichte Thema/Eintrag in diesem Menü (Mainmenu = Hauptmenü) ist voreingestellt für “Homepage” dieser Site. * “

My German (limited to “Guten Tag. Zwei Bier bitte”) is not good enough to figure this out, something to do with this menu been attached to the Home Page of the site?

However, I do think the Menu Manger could be involved here!

Chris

neximuss Friend

Im goonaa switch the main menu to magazine menu to see if there is any difference

neximuss Friend

nothing happened, problem remain the even using magazine menu

neximuss Friend

<em>@questbg 115080 wrote:</em><blockquote>I tried to modify the ‘Main Menu’ to Order by most recent article (just to see if this would work), however, I got the following error:

“* Sie können das Menü nicht `löschen` da es für die zuverlässige Funktion von Joomla! erforderlich ist *
    * Das zuerst veröffentlichte Thema/Eintrag in diesem Menü (Mainmenu = Hauptmenü) ist voreingestellt für “Homepage” dieser Site. * “

My German (limited to “Guten Tag. Zwei Bier bitte”) is not good enough to figure this out, something to do with this menu been attached to the Home Page of the site?

However, I do think the Menu Manger could be involved here!

Chris</blockquote>

This means:
    You cannot delete the mainmenu, because it is a main function of Joomla. The first entry of this menu is setup to be the homepage of this site

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  t1m4 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum