Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve pointed the parameters to a category with publish and working articles (with iamge), but the module would not output anything. What’s wrong?

attached is a screenshot:

the module “Upcoming Events” is the jamoonews module.

1. whatsWrong
    zurdo Friend

Hello,

First of all, I have to say that I find terrible that so many topics and problems like this remain virtually ignored by moderators / support staff.

Specially when like in this case, the issue has been around for many users, without being really solved.

Also, there are many topics marked as “Solved” when the actual problem was NOT solved… either a workaround was followed, or maybe the user stopped asking for support. Yet, that’s not something you can call a “Solved problem”. And while searching in the forum for people that might have had the same issue, one finds himself opening several “solved” topics just to find out that the answer to the problem is not there.

Ok, that complaint being said, to the workaround on this issue:

I was having the same problem with the moonews module, first I thought it was a server problem, maybe due to some permissions issues or something. So I went to try in a different server, just to find that I had the same problem.

I had Joomla installed with sample content, So I decided to give a try with a section and category from the sample content… it worked!.

First, I checked all the params to verify that the new section, category and content I was creating to output in the module, had the same configuration as sample content items. Even checking that, it just didn’t worked with content created from scratch by me.

So, the workaround was to point it to the section and category of joomla’s sample content, and simply Edit the sample articles to fit my needs… VoilĂ !

I still can’t understand what’s wrong here… maybe I’d need to re-check again the settings for the sections/categories/content I created, but time is money.

don_juan667766 Friend

I think the JA team is great. I love their templates and make the work easier for everybody. They also have plenty of requests. If you are really serious about the problem send a ticket. In my case their response was extremely fast

Way to go JA team!

zurdo Friend

<em>@don_juan667766 124847 wrote:</em><blockquote>They also have plenty of requests. If you are really serious about the problem send a ticket. In my case their response was extremely fast</blockquote>

Hello,

I’m not saying JA is bad. I’m complaining about the forum support, It seems that you do have a ticket system as Developer. But we don’t have that.

Anyway, JA templates are great, and are so well commented that any modification is quite easy; and it not only allows you to customize the templates, but also lets you learn a trick or two.

I’m sure that if they have a ticket support system, most of the issues that arise in the forums are solved already. It would be really AWESOME and helpful if someone would create a sort of Known Issues / FAQ for every template.

I don’t think it’s much to ask. A happy personal member, is more likely to upgrade his license to Developer. An unhappy personal member will simply drop and not renew his account.

Regards,
    Israel RN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zurdo 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum