Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I am working with the “Our Services” blocks which appear to use some articles, article categories and featured ones. I’ve tried creating new articles and putting them in that group, but can not get them to show up. So instead, I decided to just change the data in the demo ones, but when I change the alias(which affects page-titles) they will not update. When I look at the live site, I end up still seeing the old link, and old page title.

Please help!!!

1. admin
    2. live_page
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi it is JA Masshead module >>> http://prntscr.com/4e92rm

you can edit it via Module manager >>>JA Masshead module

Now as i can see you changed the masshead title on that page >>>> http://prntscr.com/4e93fj
    Did you sorted it out ??
    Let me know if you have any issue in it .

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Your alias may appear as not taking its new value but if you clear your browser cache, you should eventually see this change through.

Better still, go to Extensions -> Template Manager -> ja_decor – Default -> General -> Development Mode -> ON -> Save and you should be able to see you new alias right away, without having to clear your browser cache.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex

cuestamedia Friend

Thanks for your reply, but you will notice that the link actually still says Home Office Decor. I believe the issue is not in the masthead, but in the way Articles is handling the alias and link to the “view_more/read_more” link? Thanks for looking at this.

cuestamedia Friend

It is not only the link, but actually the link generated. The way the article is handling the alias and link to the “view_more/read_more” link? Thanks for looking at this.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Please add a screenshot and share the page url where exactly you facing the problem with details .
    If there is some problem , i am happy to fix it for you .

cuestamedia Friend

It was on the screenshots that were previously posted, but here they are again. On the home page the links to the articles are not displaying the new alias’. Thanks

1. live_page
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@cuestamedia 442349 wrote:</em><blockquote>It was on the screenshots that were previously posted, but here they are again. On the home page the links to the articles are not displaying the new alias’. Thanks

</blockquote>

Hello as per your screenshot
    the menu is >>HOME OFFICE DESIGN that is single article menu type .
    The masthead module pick the title of the article
    see this >> http://prntscr.com/4ewj0c

So now if you want to add the your own masthead title , so you need to add it into
    JA Masthead module .

i am giving you an example for the menu >> Home Office Design
    menu ID of Home Office Design is >>201

Go to module manager >>JA masthead module >> Configuration Conditions >> Add your menu ID and the title that you want .
    For the >>Home Office Design
    the code is >> <blockquote>[Masshead Itemid=”201″ title=”Home Office Design” ][/Masshead]
    </blockquote>

>>>> http://prntscr.com/4ewkbe

save and check the menu >> /home-office-design
    >>> http://prntscr.com/4ewkp3

Do the same for other menu items .

Hope its clear now 🙂

cuestamedia Friend

I’ve checked your instructions, but I really believe the issue is not the Masshead. I have no problem with making that change. What I am trying to show you in the screenshot is the auto generated link by the Article. Even though I have changed the Alias, it is stuck on the original link/alias/article. You can see this on the homepage under About Sierra Leone. When you mouse over “VIEW” it still links to the “home-office-design” even though that page does not exist (well the alias is not the same).

I appreciate your help and hope you can help me get the alias and page names changed.

Thanks – Brian

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello it will not use the alias of the article as i already mentioned .
    here is the screenshot from our demo >> http://prntscr.com/4gje8r
    it is using the title of the article .
    you can see the menu home office design using the article title , that is also home office design .
    I hope now it will clear the confusion . 🙂
    Let me know id there is any problem in this matter

p/s: If a menu is single article then it will shows you the menu alias in the browser address bar , not the article alias .

cuestamedia Friend

Thank you for the response again. I have changed the title, but my article page does not look anything like yours. I don’t know what type this is, but it is from the demo. This was the only way I could get the article to show up one the home page. I’m attaching a screen shot of the interface I have. Thanks again!

1. screen-shot_save
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@cuestamedia 443050 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for the response again. I have changed the title, but my article page does not look anything like yours. I don’t know what type this is, but it is from the demo. This was the only way I could get the article to show up one the home page. I’m attaching a screen shot of the interface I have. Thanks again!

</blockquote>

Hello i have not attached any article layout screenshot .
    Please check and let me know what problem you are facing in article layout

cuestamedia Friend

You have been very helpful and patient with me. I am very appreciative and this has solved the issue. I will give thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cuestamedia 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum