Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’m having some trouble on ja_color… on a fresh install of the template without modifications.

1) Setting JA_Color in the admin section correctly changes the color of the template.
    Adding ?ja_color=red/blue etc to the URL and the colour does not change.

2) I want to access the site from 2x different public domains.
    When entering from domain 1, ignore any user cookie and force display of the template in ja_color=blue.
    When entering from domain 2, ignore any user cookie and force display of the template in ja_color=red.

NOTE: I only want to set this when the user first enters the site… I still want to allow the user to change colour once inside the site.

Sorry I’m not a PHP coder and this is my first Joomla site so I’m still trying to get my head around things but I assume a simple line of code could be added to change the value of ja_color based on the URL.

3) I see in template.css settings for ja-container,-fl, -fr &- f. Does this mean the template can be changed to a fluid layout instead of fixed width? If so how?

Thanks for any help.
    Paul

Anonymous Moderator

Hi geckors4

could you please submit a ticket, send us your live url, admin account so that i could have a closer look on the issue

geckors4 Friend

<em>@geckors4 153452 wrote:</em><blockquote>1) Setting JA_Color in the admin section correctly changes the color of the template.
    Adding ?ja_color=red/blue etc to the URL and the colour does not change.</blockquote>

Sorted the problem myself…
    Setting ?ja_color= in the URL ONLY works when params.ini is NOT writable!

zorroson Friend

Geckors4,

What is the correct URL for doing this? I tried http://www.domain.com/index.php?ja_color=color and http://www.domain.com/?ja_color=color but to no avail!

No difference if params.ini is writable or not…

Cheers,
    Zorroson 😉

zorroson Friend

Hmm – found this one myself, but cannot believe why Joomlart have not corrected this one?

It turns out, there is a bug in ja_templatetools_15.php where the code is trying to pass variable “usertool_xxx” from the URL – but since this should have been “ja_xxx” ie. “ja_color”, it dosen’t work…

Not my finding though – found it in http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/menu-user-color-selection/
    But really don’t get why this has not been corrected, as is has been an issue for more than one year…?!

/Zorroson

Anonymous Moderator

Hi zorroson

For the case, you have to open configuration.php file, add this code to the end of file:

<?php define('_DEMO_MODE_', 1); ?>

at that time you can use the link: http://www.domain.com/index.php?ja_color=color

zorroson Friend

Whoaaa – touchdown!!!

Thank you, thanx you, thank you – been looking forever for tis!!!! :laugh:

/Zorroson

bitx Friend

It’s getting a silly habbit: download, Install, bugfix.

I just downloaded the template and this error was not fixed. Poor!

zorroson Friend

Seems it’s not a bug – you need to include
    <?php define('_DEMO_MODE_', 1); ?>
    in configuration.php to enable it….

/Zorroson

bitx Friend

ah, so it is a feautre, not a bug. Come on!

It works at the demosite, it should work as well after doing the quick install. I am cleaning up the whole mess which already was reported month ago with this template!

Anyway, I can not find the mentioned “ja_templatetools_15.php” nor the “ja_templatetools_1.5.php” mentioned in the other thread, so I have to modify my configuration.php which may change at any update.

This is not a solution, this is a bugfix!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bitx 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum