Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi

I would like to add custom css file to JA Zite 3.2 template, but where should I do that? I tried to add it to the css folder of Zite template folder but it doesn’t work. any suggestions please

Thanks

TomC Moderator

The file path should be —> /templates/ja_zite/css/custom.css

riwaa Friend

Hi tom

I tried to create custom.css file in that path but it doesn’t work

regards

chavan Friend

can you please post your admin details in PM

TomC Moderator

<em>@riwaa 439162 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi tom

I tried to create custom.css file in that path but it doesn’t work

regards</blockquote>

What element(s) are you trying to work with? – There are some modules/extensions for which the custom.css option will not work properly. Can you clarify as to what element(s) on your site you are wanting to modify?

riwaa Friend

it is simple elements, background image or font size colors, logo positions, shadows and radius.
    their are no complex css code will be used

TomC Moderator

<em>@riwaa 439680 wrote:</em><blockquote>it is simple elements, background image or font size colors, logo positions, shadows and radius.
    their are no complex css code will be used</blockquote>

Please advise exactly what is the file path you have set up for your custom.css file.

Also, please cut and paste the CSS you have within your custom.css file.

Nazario A Friend

@riwaa,

JA Zite is base on T3v2 Framework. Because of that, if you want to customise the CSS on your site, you can use the class suffixes then find and change the value of code or add your custom code at the end of file /templates/your_template_name/css/template.css

Let me know if this helps

TomC Moderator

<em>@Nazario A 439761 wrote:</em><blockquote>@riwaa ,

JA Zite is base on T3v2 Framework. Because of that, if you want to customise the CSS on your site, you can use the class suffixes then find and change the value of code or add your custom code at the end of file /templates/your_template_name/css/template.css
    </blockquote>

Also, in order to protect your changes from future core template upgrades/updates, you will want to utilize – which function much like the custom.css file does for pre-T3V2 templates.

riwaa Friend

Hi Tom

the path I tried for css is : .. /templates/ja_zite/css/custom.css
    and I started with change the logo potion with floating (some thing wrong with the site i have error 404, but it was working) i copied the code from inspect elements and just change the values

I will setup the project again and send the code as it to you

thanks

TomC Moderator

<em>@riwaa 439953 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom

the path I tried for css is : .. /templates/ja_zite/css/custom.css
    and I started with change the logo potion with floating (some thing wrong with the site i have error 404, but it was working) i copied the code from inspect elements and just change the values

I will setup the project again and send the code as it to you

thanks</blockquote>

See Nazario A’s comment in Post #8 above . . . followed by my additional comment.

Nazario A Friend

@riwaa,
    As I mentioned in my previous reply, JA Zite is based on old JAT3v2 framework and it will not automatically load custom.css file as the new T3 framework, you need to call it via head block of this template

You can go to file: /templates/your_template_name/tpls/blocks/head.php

Add this line of code:

[PHP]<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”templates/<?php echo T3_ACTIVE_TEMPLATE; ?>/css/custom.css” type=”text/css” />[/PHP]

Let me know if this helps

jurgeng Friend

This didn’t solve my issue trying to customize the CSS for <sub> and <sup> No way to add a class suffix there.

Edit: modifying the block file did.

jurgeng Friend

Okay… small addition. The annoying bold red sub- and superscript were not part of the template, but part of the JA Typo plugin. Fix should happen there.

Saguaros Moderator

Did you get it solved now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum