Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

When i try to install Ja Zinc i keep getting this error message:

There was an error uploading this file to the server.

i tried to upload it on several browsers (ie, safari, firefox) and on a mac n pc with no luck.

thanks for the help

gabec53 Friend

Hi. I think I ran into a similar problem. You might have FTP activated but not setup correctly. By going into your Global Configuration you can turn it off and uploading items should not be a problem for you anymore.

hoeverlie Friend

Im getting the same error. FTP is off so its not that. Have uploaded other JA templates and they work fine. What am I doing wrong?

(new at this so it might be something REALLY basic)

haxx Friend

Hi

I’m getting this error too.

I’ve had this error before with different compnents etc, and it normally boils down too the file being too large, normally over 2mb.

You’ll either need to talk to your ISP and see if its possible to up the limit or try one of the other ways of installing things in Joomla.

Paul

reyna24 Friend

Issue still continues and with no known solution…

scotty Friend

Are you trying to upload the entire zip or just the quickstart package? What is the actual error from your FTP logs? Has your host a maximum file size you can upload?

You could remove some folders from the zips and put them up in another upload.

Juniamission Friend

It´s a heavy zipfile. I couldn´t make it through Joomla in a regular way. I used ftp, put it in a folder and used install through http://www.yourdomain.com/folder

Roger

pdschris Friend

I also had some problems installing this template, it’s too big for my server to upload, and I couldn’t get FTP to work either nor the install from URL option either, don’t know what I was doing wrong (getting error like connection refused so probably to do with permissions)

So I got it working by first extracting the template zip file on my pc. Then I went into images/graffiti folder and removed body-bg.jpg, replacing it with the body-bg.jpg from the images/game folder, it’s a lot smaller (10kb instead of 500+kb).

Then zip the whole lot back up again (should be under 2mb now) and install through the standard Joomla installer. If you want the graffiti background you can FTP the body-bg.jpg back up again later.

gzellers Friend

Install problem here too. This is so frustrating and support is nowhere to be found, even after emailing. What are we paying for???

First, I can’t even find any zip file with the file name mentioned in the install guide. That helps. Second, when I try and upload ANY of the zip files (as a hail mary) it fails saying it cannot find the install file.

“There was an error uploading this file to the server.
    Unable to find install package”

That’s all I ever get. What really bothers me is that you don’t know how many problems people have and how spotty support is until AFTER you pay to get access to the forums. I think more people should know beforehand.

mj1256 Friend

FYI, JA is located on Vietnam, they are on holiday celebrating the new year. Their traditions are different from ours. I suspect that that is why we are not hearing from them.

scotty Friend

gzellers;107878“There was an error uploading this file to the server.
    Unable to find install package”

Upload how? With FTP or using an existing Joomla site?

Are you trying to install the quickstart package or trying to install the template onto an existing Joomla site?

If you are trying to install the Quickstart then extract the main zip. You will have 3 folders. Templates, Extensions, and Quickstart.

Inside the quickstart folder you will find another zip. This zip includes Joomla so you can’t install it onto an existing Joomla site. You must extract and then FTP it to your web directory OR Upload the zip with FTP and then extract it using your cPanel. Once this is done, open your site in your web browser and install the quickstart in the exact same way you would a normal Joomla install.

If you are trying to just install the template onto an existing Joomla site then go to Admin Backend>Extensions>Install/Uninstall and browse to the zip inside the Templates folder NOT the main zip.

Make sure that the web folder you are installing into has the right permissions… 755.

You may also need to adjust upload_max_filesize = ??M in your php.ini

Hope this helps.

gzellers Friend

Thanks for the try but nothing changes. I have installed other templates just fine but this one fails every time. I have tried uploading via FTP, uploading via the Joomla Install option, with FTP layer on, with it off. Everything.

I am not doing the Quickstart install, just the template. Permissions are correct and I have tried both the zip package install and the local folder install. The result is the same…an error saying it can’t find the install package.

The file referenced in their installation guide doesn’t even exist but I assume it’s the zip file in the /Templates directory once I unzip everything. I have gone 4 days without a reply from their “Priority Support” so I sent another one yesterday. We’ll see what tomorrow brings but thus far, I feel as though I wasted my money.

scotty Friend

I’ve just downloaded and installed the template on an existing site without a hitch. No idea why it’s not working for you. Has to be something to do with your server setup.

The file your installing is tpl_ja_zinc_j15.zip that is found inside the Templates folder?

scotty Friend

This is a particularly large template due to the styles and the background images. It comes in at 2.34Mb. Most templates are smaller than .5Mb.

Many hosts will have upload_max_filesize = 2M in their php.ini. Check this with yours.

Have you tried extracting tpl_ja_zinc_j15.zip on your local machine and FTP’ing the extracted files up?

gzellers Friend

That must have been it. I can’t believe they have a 500Kb background image. With that and the slideshow you’re looking at lime 1 MB of pre-loading, lol.

That did the trick so I thank you. They should update their install document to address this issue and the fact that the file they mention doesn’t even exist. That would solve a lot of frustration.

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  glottalstop 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum