Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys

Another problem is
    In Joomla Articles you can add Alternative “Read More” text, but this template just discards this

Advanced Parameters > Alternative “Read More” Text (As recommended for Search Engine Optimization)
    Your template does not recognize this and just delivers “Read More” instead of “VIEW CAPE TOWN CITY TOUR DETAILED ITINERARY > > >

Is there a simple and logical way to correct this Please!!!

1. Website Name = http://www.southerncircle.com
    2. Joomla 1.5.11 standard Sections,Categories and Articles
    3. Joomla Version = Joomla 1.5.11
    4. This is a fresh install, No changes made yet.
    Ignatius

uniquebiz Friend

ignatiusack;180804Hi Guys

Another problem is
    In Joomla Articles you can add Alternative “Read More” text, but this template just discards this

Advanced Parameters > Alternative “Read More” Text (As recommended for Search Engine Optimization)
    Your template does not recognize this and just delivers “Read More” instead of “VIEW CAPE TOWN CITY TOUR DETAILED ITINERARY > > >

Is there a simple and logical way to correct this Please!!!

1. Website Name = http://www.southerncircle.com
    2. Joomla 1.5.11 standard Sections,Categories and Articles
    3. Joomla Version = Joomla 1.5.11
    4. This is a fresh install, No changes made yet.
    Ignatius

you are using a very old version of Joomla upgrade teh site to version 18, its not hard to do and you may find whatever stopped Joomla prom allowing the alt read more has been changed in version 18, V 11 is a security risk! Also it maybe a plugin is not turned on
    Shannon

ignatiusack Friend

Hi Shannon
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have upgraded to Joomla 1.5.18, as recommended.
    I have also un-publish SEF links as suggested by Mark.
    I did run fresh tests and this is happening on all the templates that I tested on.
    JA_Pyro, JA_Rasite, JA_Seleni, JA_Zeolite.
    I issue we are discussing here has clearly not been activated or programmed into Joomlart templates. This is a standard Joomla feature in each and every content article, and it is suggestion in almost every Search Engine Optimization manual that the “Read More” link should be more descriptive. I guess that is why Joomla has build the feature in.

The only Question remains is…
    How can we correct this problem.

I came to Joomlart because
    1. I loved the look of the templates on the demos.
    2. Your templates seems the be faster than the http://www.shape5.com templates that I was using.
    3. Soon, Google will start to consider the “Site Speed” in their ranking of the sites.

Your help will be greatly appreciated
    Ignatius

uniquebiz Friend

ignatiusack;180906Hi Shannon
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have upgraded to Joomla 1.5.18, as recommended.
    I have also un-publish SEF links as suggested by Mark.
    I did run fresh tests and this is happening on all the templates that I tested on.
    JA_Pyro, JA_Rasite, JA_Seleni, JA_Zeolite.
    I issue we are discussing here has clearly not been activated or programmed into Joomlart templates. This is a standard Joomla feature in each and every content article, and it is suggestion in almost every Search Engine Optimization manual that the “Read More” link should be more descriptive. I guess that is why Joomla has build the feature in.

The only Question remains is…
    How can we correct this problem.

I came to Joomlart because
    1. I loved the look of the templates on the demos.
    2. Your templates seems the be faster than the http://www.shape5.com templates that I was using.
    3. Soon, Google will start to consider the “Site Speed” in their ranking of the sites.

Your help will be greatly appreciated
    Ignatius

I have tested the alt read more with sandinine II and confirm it doesn’t work. JA templates use a lot of css so maybe the feature has been turned off or bypassed by the many additional css files that exist in a JA template.

Changing the template for sandinine II to beez or rhuk does display the additional alt text next to the readmore, pointing to a JA specific issue. looks like they overide the core settings?

Raise a support ticket best way to get a definitive explaination.
    Blessings Shannon

ignatiusack Friend

Hi Shannon

Thanks for the time that you spend testing this issue.

I will create a support ticket as suggested.

Regards
    Ignatius

ignatiusack Friend

Hi Has anyone found an answer to this Alternative “Read More” text not working. It is clearly an problem with the joomlart templates, and as much as I love the look of the templates I will have to claim my money back, and move on, if these guys does not find a solution for us. This function is working on my site http://www.southerncircle.com, but that template is just not fast enough and thats why I ended up here. Every SEO manual tells you to change the “Read More” text to contain your keywords. This is a final attempt for the joomlart guys to give us a solution for this.

If you found the solution for this please share it with us

Thank You!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ignatiusack 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum