Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Can someone tell me exactly what a sticky item is for ja wall. Does it keep the item at the top of the wall? If I make the k2 item sticky what does that mean?

arucardx Friend

If I remember correctly, it does nothing as it just apply a css style. So all it does is add a pin icon & some color style to make it look like a notepad.

ktbgreat2 Friend

Is there any way that we can make an article actually sticky? Making it always stay on the top?
    Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi there,
    @arucardx:
    <blockquote>If I remember correctly, it does nothing as it just apply a css style. So all it does is add a pin icon & some color style to make it look like a notepad. </blockquote>
    No, it isn’t.

The HOT item will be automatically styled when hits for this item pass over the limitation set in template manager in backend: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/731/4277266481.png

In order to make it stay on the top, please go to Menus > Top menus > Home menu item and set Article order by Most Hits: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/731/0970592244.png

Hope this makes senses.

arucardx Friend

? Sry Saguaros but I don’t understand what you are referring to.

The post you quote and the topic in question is about the extra class style “Item-Sticky”. We are not talking about item-hot.

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi,

JA Wall does not support sticky item by default.

JA Wall used jQuery masonry plugin which had corner-stamp feature which might be of what you need.

But this feature requires some modification in the plugin.
    <blockquote>’The corner stamp feature is available as a modification of Masonry'</blockquote>

Here is what you can do to bring this feature into JA Wall. BACKUP your site first and try the following on your own risk

First, open templatesja_walljswall.js and paste this block code to the beginning (inside) of jQuery(function($){ .. }) fuction (should be around at line 20 in original file)

// Masonry corner stamp modifications
    $.Mason.prototype.resize = function() {
    this._getColumns();
    this._reLayout();
    };

$.Mason.prototype._reLayout = function( callback ) {
    var freeCols = this.cols;
    if ( this.options.cornerStampSelector ) {
    var $cornerStamp = this.element.find( this.options.cornerStampSelector ),
    cornerStampX = $cornerStamp.offset().left -
    ( this.element.offset().left + this.offset.x + parseInt($cornerStamp.css('marginLeft')) );
    freeCols = Math.floor( cornerStampX / this.columnWidth );
    }

// reset columns
    var i = this.cols;
    this.colYs = [];
    while (i--) {
    this.colYs.push( this.offset.y );
    }

for ( i = freeCols; i < this.cols; i++ ) {
    this.colYs = this.offset.y + $cornerStamp.outerHeight(true);
    }

// apply layout logic to all bricks
    this.layout( this.$bricks, callback );
    };

In the same file, add this block code

$container.find('.corner-stamp').removeClass('item col');

just before

$container.masonry({
    itemSelector: itemSelector, ...,
    });

around at line 80 (in original file).

and
    $newElems.filter('.corner-stamp').removeClass('item col');
    just before

setTimeout(function(){
    $(document.body).removeClass ('masonry-relayout');
    $(window).trigger('scroll');
    }, 300);

around line 155.

and modify

$container.masonry({
    itemSelector: itemSelector,
    isResizable: false,
    columnWidth: function() {
    return $container.data ('basewidth')? $container.data ('basewidth') : $('#base-blank-item').width()
    }
    });

to

$container.masonry({
    itemSelector: itemSelector,
    cornerStampSelector: '.corner-stamp',
    isResizable: false,
    columnWidth: function() {
    return $container.data ('basewidth')? $container.data ('basewidth') : $('#base-blank-item').width()
    }
    });

The last step, please add this small block code to the end of templatesja_wallcsstemplate.css

.masonry .corner-stamp {
    float: 'right'
    }

You apply any other style for the corner-stamp item here.

Save all and clear cache.
    Now, you can use extended class and put ‘corner-stamp’ to the desired article.

Hope it helps.

Regard

Honzazi Friend

Hi,
    this sounds interesting.
    Just a question, does the corner stamp populate everytime again when user goes down and more articles appears?
    Also, there is similar idea to this one here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/advertising-block-inside-the-wall/
    however, the problem is that the google advert showed only once – would this work in the same way?
    Please check and help us with http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/advertising-block-inside-the-wall/
    Thank you!

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Honzazi,

As we make it as module position, corner-stamp will not populate again when user goes down.
    The best place for this position is top right or top left of the grid.

Please check latest update on http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/advertising-block-inside-the-wall/

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum