Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’m having an issue with JA Wall, i made a new category but it is not displaying articles properly on the wall, the social feeds render well, but not the manual articles, Im using IE9, however, in FF it seems to work properly, problem is, why doesn’t it in IE9? the demo-content loaded fine before I unpublished them so I’m not sure, I scanned through 13 pages on this JA Wall forum and did a few searches but have not found the solution to this, and help would be much appreciated, thanks for your time!

1. wallissue001
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I have tested as you suggested but i could not duplicate the error.

Please send PM with login details and FTP info of your site. I will check it

John Wesley Brett Moderator

A GUESS:

Please check the source code of the following article

As it is WAY different than all other copy on the page, I would guess it was created by “Cutting and Pasting” perhaps from MSWord? If you see a ton of {mso} nonsensical code, you probably are suffering from code crud. Clean it up and things should go back to normal. MSWord Code will bring down a site faster than Usain Bolt can run the 100m dash.

If that is not the issue, then we will need your URL to better get a hand on what the issue actually is.

1. 2012-08-07_1524
    aphroids Friend

Hmm, thanks but no thats not it, I sent the URL to ninja yesterday but have not heard back, i’ll send to you too, thanks for your time!

aphroids Friend

Still not sure why this is occurring, any more thoughts?

aphroids Friend

i sent you a PM with login credentials 🙂

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Found it. – The ‘alias’ of your Category “Main” was “main” and that was calling the “.main” CSS and screwing up your front page. The “.main” class brings a 60px top pad and a bunch of other unintended stuff for a category. 🙂

I just changed the alias to “main1” or you can change it to whatever…as long as it is not the same as a CSS class and thus doesn’t present a conflict.

This was a fluke that you just chose to use a protected word. 🙂
    And a lot easier to diagnose when we can get inside to see what was going on.

Have fun!

aphroids Friend

Haha, thank you so much! I didn’t even think of that!

On another note, my ‘gallery’ tag isn’t working like in the documentation, it just shows the tag for it but doesn’t load a gallery, i can untrash the documentation article that brought my attention to it, I installed the Quick Start package if that tidbit helps in any way. Let me know, and thank you so much for your time!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aphroids 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum