Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

i really like the showcase and ja wall presentation of k2 items. I would like to make a new site for our photographer club. Here is the problem, that we want presentate landscape and also portrait orientad images with the k2 component.

Can we use the grid layout from ja wall in a other template e.g. ja lens. Maybe it is possible to use it in an t3 template too.

Tanks for a kind hint.

Eragon H Friend

1. “Here is the problem, that we want presentate landscape and also portrait orientad images with the k2 component.

Can you tell me more detail about this problem by screenshot with description?

2. “Can we use the grid layout from ja wall in another template
    Theoretically, yes you can. But it’s same as creating another template 🙂

drjazz Friend

Thank you for your response.

Images have different sizes. You have portrait oriented or landscape orientated pictures. Our club has about 60 Photographer and we want to presentate the best images on our club side. The Ja Lens template seemed to be a good way to do so. The K2 component ist a good way to realize a simple Imagegallery to presentate the pictures. The problem is that these images will be presentate in the k2 Timeline Module in a static way. Also in the Blog Layout. The pictures will only rendered by the with of images. If you have portrait oriented images, they will cropped and in the Blog Layout, they are to high. No good solution. There is no way, to have preset eg. Extra Fields, that the Article will have an 2×1 or 1×3, 2×2, 1×1 grid Layout, like in Ja Wall Showcase Layout.

We don´t use much Text, only Titel and a small descrition will be used, and tags- and user-pages present the images.

For the moment, we have test.fgd-dueren.de for testing purpose.

I hope, you understand my problem.

Eragon H Friend
    drjazz Friend

Thanks for your hint. I noticed, that there are two great templates with gid layout. But this is special for joomla content Articles and not for the k2 component. Our photographer are not web-designer. To bring in the images to articles, first intro image and than full image will be too hard to solve for them. The k2 component makes it more easy, to solve this. You just have to upload an image and you don´t have to think about image size and folder, where to upload. This process is very easy.

The only template i know, who can handle K2 this way is ja wall.

Why is it so complicated to bring the showcase and wall layout for K2 items to another template.

Eragon H Friend

Yes. These are for Joomla content, not for K2.

If you still need for K2, you can hire a developer to get it done for you

drjazz Friend

<em>@Eragon H 456264 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes. These are for Joomla content, not for K2.

If you still need for K2, you can hire a developer to get it done for you</blockquote>

Hello Eragon, can you suggest a developer, who can solve this problem.

Eragon H Friend

Currently, there is no developer that I can suggest available. You can try to post your project in Joom Lancer to find developers that can handle this work for you

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eragon H 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum