Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We continue to have people compliant about our Joomla site with the JA university template show up in "mobile view" on their windows desktop with IE browser… Know this problem can be fixed by adding/removing site from the "compatibility view" but I still need to figure out why it stuck on the "mobile view" by "default"? Which is a big problem because people don’t know that’s NOT how the site it suppose to look and it looks awful on the desktop view.

Can someone offer some clues as to why my site shows up as mobile site on IE browsers (but not all IE)?
    Thanks so much!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @osseo,

Do you have any cache extension enabled on your site? Try to disable them first and see how it goes. I’ve not experienced the same issue.

osseo Friend

Hi @saguaros,

No, it’s not cache, I’ve helped with handful of people and I know for sure it’s the "comparability view" issue.

Some how, I don’t know why… IE will add our site as "mobile site" so it show up as "mobile view" by default for some people, like I said, not all the IE or even the same version gets the same results… and the only way for it to go back to normal is for those people adding and removing the site url from their IE’s comparability view list.

I just can’t figure out why that is and how to prevent it to show as mobile site on desktop with IE. The problem for me is that those IE users with this issue might not always speak up and they might just think my site is broken without checking twice… that’s why I want to change the setting so it will not display that by default. Base on my research with the calls I’ve received, they only have the 2nd boxed "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" checked and others were unchecked. Another thing is I notice the site will behave fine when I switch to protostar template, so that kind of tells me there is something to do with the template setting or the script that’s in the JA university template makes IE thinks it’s a mobile site?

Any ideas? Thanks.

PS. I’m including the screenshot so you can see the difference from both screenshot from IE vs Chrome.

1. IE
    2. Chrome
    Saguaros Moderator

You can send me the URL of that page so I can have a look.

It’s highly recommended to use the Standards View of IE, not other compatible modes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum