Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I would like to know if it is possible to install a new clean JA University template and then make an upgrade to Joomla 3.4.

Some one has done this before?
    Is it possible (to update to 3.4)
    If so could you please tell me if there is any error expected?
    Is it working fine on 3.4?

Thanks a lot

TomC Moderator

Last changelog update for JA University indicates updated for 3.3.6 – so not entirely certain if there will be any issues—> http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAUNVERST3#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Achangelog-panel

You can give it a try and see how things work . . . but if you do, be sure to MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF YOUR ENTIRE SITE first – so you can revert back if any issues arise.

TomC Moderator

Last changelog update for JA University indicates updated for 3.3.6 – so not entirely certain if there will be any issues—> http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAUNVERST3#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Achangelog-panel

You can give it a try and see how things work . . . but if you do, be sure to MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF YOUR ENTIRE SITE first – so you can revert back if any issues arise.

osseo Friend

Ok, I start to wonder about the same thing. I didn’t think there would be an issue using the JA university template with the current version of Joomla 3.4, but as another JA staff points out, I mistakenly install the T3 v2 framework (I thought it’s newer version of T3) which only supports to Joomla 3.2?? then he said there is NO WAY to upgrade from T3 v2 to T3? I question about this, not even with uninstalling the framework and template then reinstall with the newer T3 + template? That doesn’t make sense to me.

Does this means the new site I’ve just created with JA university + T3 v2 will become obsolete now? and it will NOT be compatible with any future Joomla update?

Please advise, thanks!
    Emily

Ninja Lead Moderator

@osseo: Look at the link here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=456 we have both JA University templates and T3 framework versions.

If your site uses JA University and T3v2 framework here, yes, you can upgrade JOOMLA on your site to latest version and T3v2 framework to v2.7.1 and JA University template on your site and don’t forget to backup all your site before doing upgrades

truemaker Friend

I have Ja_University (both version T3v2 and T3).
    I tryed upgrade one site (T3) to joomla 3.4.
    After it K2 component make alert message on each save.
    Template ok, but component make error.
    And no new version of K2 during long time (30-50 days) for fix it.

After it i install old archive version of joomla -3.3.6.
    Result – all good. No errors. All works ok.

FYI – Need verify info about compatible each main component BEFORE upgrade joomla.
    This is only for SECOND NUMBER GROUP version of joomla (3.3 to 3.4 and more).

I hope my information will help you in same situation.

WBR
    Igor (aka TRUEMAKER)

truemaker Friend

FYI – Need verify info about compatible each main component BEFORE upgrade joomla.

WBR
    Igor (aka TRUEMAKER)

truemaker Friend

WBR
    Igor (aka TRUEMAKER)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  truemaker 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum