Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I noticed that the JA Lead Template has a module called “JA Twitter Module”.

See here: http://www.joomlart.com/templates_club/club_portfolio/ja_lead.html

Can the module only be downloaded? I have tried many different twitter modules without success to get the look I am after. I would like to play around with this one.

prakash Friend

hi…the module file is a part of the ja – lead download and hence if you have a license… then you can download the ja_lead files and you will find the module file within that.

mfcphil Friend

You could make your own…..just add the image to a custom module and link it to your twitter page….http://www.peacockquizzes.com for an example

theprofessor Friend

<em>@prbalge 136550 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi…the module file is a part of the ja – lead download and hence if you have a license… then you can download the ja_lead files and you will find the module file within that.</blockquote>

Yes, this was plan B for me. I’ll do that…I just thought since JA made the module they would offer it in their extensions download section.

theprofessor Friend

<em>@mfcphil 136577 wrote:</em><blockquote>You could make your own…..just add the image to a custom module and link it to your twitter page….http://www.peacockquizzes.com for an example</blockquote>

Thx mfcphil. From looking at the JA twitter module, it appears to show the latest twitter post. (Maybe I’m wrong?)

I like the way it looks with the bubble around the twitter post, and was thinking of modifying it so I can show my last 5 twitter posts on my page plus have the follow me (or follow us) button.

Anyways…no biggie. There’s lots of twitter modules out there that I can modify…the JA one just looked cool.

didima Friend

l love twitteer module because its great

GeoVi Friend

<em>@prbalge 136550 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi…the module file is a part of the ja – lead download and hence if you have a license… then you can download the ja_lead files and you will find the module file within that.</blockquote>

Hi,

This module is also in JA Halite and I uploaded it via FTP to the modules directory and it isn’t work. I am obviously doing something wrong. Can you help, please?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Avis

prakash Friend

Hi,
    The module need not be uploaded via FTP , delete that and use the module installer found in the joomla admin panel

metamar Friend

Let me get this straight: That Ja Twitter module is basically a custom module with a link to twitter?
    Is there an alternative to show your live status updates?
    For facebook too…
    It would be nice for me to upload my status to facebook or twitter and it would appear as a sentence in a module… Any thoughts?

GeoVi Friend

<em>@prbalge 169354 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    The module need not be uploaded via FTP , delete that and use the module installer found in the joomla admin panel</blockquote>

Thank you for the reply. I tried uploading it via module installer and it didn’t recognize it. I think I do not have the module as a separate file. I will download JA Lead and see if there’s something different.

Appreciate the help!

Regards,
    Avis

GeoVi Friend

<em>@prbalge 169354 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    The module need not be uploaded via FTP , delete that and use the module installer found in the joomla admin panel</blockquote>

Thanks again. Downloading JA Lead’s quickstart solved the problem. The mod is there as a zip file. It wasn’t in my downloaded version of JA Halite.

Wish you could solve my other problems. JA thumbnails in Raite is causing probs.

Be well and take special care.

Avis 🙂

prakash Friend

Hi…

what error are you getting with JA Thumbnails… if its write error… you need to make the folder where you are getting the error write enabled

thanks

GeoVi Friend
    prakash Friend

Hi

As anticipated its a write error.

/home/xxxx/public_html/www.domain.org/images/resized/images/stories

First if your images folder is not write enabled make it write enabled – the folder permissions should be 755. If that does not work for some time make it 777 (though not recommended) and see if that solves your error.

Further if you do not find a folder resized in the images folder you will need to manually create the folders
    create the resized folder in that images and in that stories folder for the stories folder make it write enabled

slewis1972 Friend

Does anyone know if its possible to get the twitter module to auto refresh, instead of having to refresh the whole page constantly?

I did have a page refresh but it was causing issues when users were posting next items via the front page.
    Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  slewis1972 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum