Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

My site is still in development but I have installed the JA Twitter component and configured to display on the home page in the left column. (Module title – Tweet Tweet Tweet) The module is behaving erratically. Sometimes it shows 4 tweets as per backend setting, sometimes none. Sometimes they show up then later disappear. Sometimes the friends list shows up, sometimes not. I have tried setting the cache to Yes and to No and I have also tried varying the cache time. Nothing produces reliable operation.

As a test, I installed the widget from the Twitter site in a custom html module and this works fine and updates quickly when new tweets are added (Module title – Twitter 2)

I would prefer to get the JA Twitter module working because I prefer the styling which fits better with the template.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Phill Moderator

Can you make a tweet now so I can see how long it takes to update?

placidpete Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 314130 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you make a tweet now so I can see how long it takes to update?</blockquote>

Hi Phil, two tweets added this morning.

Phill Moderator

Which ones are they? “Ten and Sixpence” which popped up a couple of hours ago?

placidpete Friend

Yes, three tweets this morning.

Phill Moderator

So it seems to be working now? I switched off the caching yesterday.

placidpete Friend

Hi Phil

When I looked at the site again this evening – no tweets and no friends listed! Meanwhile the twitter provided widget seems pretty solid.

placidpete Friend

Hi Phil

The JA Twitter feed seems to be still quite erratic so I’m going to drop it in favour of the Twitter Widget which I’ve styled to match the template and seems rock solid. I’ll close this post now but thanks for your help anyway.

Sherlock Friend

Hi placidpete,

In case you want to use the module again you can try to disable the module caching in moduel back-end, I think that would help get rid of the problem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum