Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,

JA Trona is not displayed correctly in IE 8, especially:
    – footer of template
    – menu of template
    – also parts Fashion show, People + Parties, Blog, Beauty is not displayed correctly (this are above footer)

You can check this all in your web site:
    http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php?template=ja_trona

So, I do not need to send you my site, it does not work at your site also.

Regards

thatch10 Friend

Can also confirm that the custom mod with hilite module class suffix is displaying very short and not fixed width as in other browsers.

I have applied the latest template fix and as the poster previously stated it is apparent on your own template demo.

Just adding to the list of requesting a fix for this template in IE8

thanks in advance

Thatch

mfcphil Friend

Have these been fixed because it look fne in my IE8 :confused:

thatch10 Friend

You may have I.E 8 set for compatibility view.

check out

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/features/enhanced-navigation.aspx

dizajn75 Friend

<em>@thatch10 128214 wrote:</em><blockquote>You may have I.E 8 set for compatibility view.

check out

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/features/enhanced-navigation.aspx</blockquote>

Yes, this is good solution if you are the only one that looks at your web site :D.

In all other cases, this is not an option :cool:.
    You cannot tell visitors to set compatibility to IE7.

IE8 will become standard especially now when in Windows Vista it automatically downloads it. Also it comes as standard with new Windows.

So, all Joomlart templates has to be correctly displayed in IE8 and IE7.

dizajn75 Friend

<em>@mfcphil 128209 wrote:</em><blockquote>Have these been fixed because it look fne in my IE8 :confused:</blockquote>

Well, I am not sure how, but already 3 users of joomlart posted wrong display in IE8.
    If you need I will send you a screenshot.

thatch10 Friend

So I guess that JA Trona is not going to be fixed for i.e 8 in normal view, posts have been made and the demo template still is not rendering the parts of the site incorrectly

– footer of template
    – menu of template
    – also parts Fashion show, People + Parties, Blog, Beauty is not displayed correctly (this are above footer)
    – hilite module class suffix is displaying very short and not fixed width as in other browsers.

without manually overriding with the compatability option previoulsy discussed

Anyone else made any progress with this template in i.e 8 without defaulting to i.e 7 view ?

Good old microsoft !!

ironlion37 Friend

As mentioned above, the hilight module is not displaying coorectly in IE. I need a fix for this!! Any help?

markyboy Friend

I just downloaded Trona to see if it can be useful for a website, but i found template issues for IE8

Some members already wrote about them some time ago. It still has not been fixed in the demo and also in the template it messes up areas likefor example the wrapper.

What bothers me more is that there is no response of the makers of the template which implicate that they do not care,

But if you want to use this template and some visitors are using IE8 and see a messed up website i spend a lot of time on, then it is a serious issue and it would be much appreciated if someone at least respond on this issue. Can it be fixed or Not?

Thanx…

adolcini Friend

<em>@markyboy 149305 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just downloaded Trona to see if it can be useful for a website, but i found template issues for IE8

Some members already wrote about them some time ago. It still has not been fixed in the demo and also in the template it messes up areas likefor example the wrapper.

What bothers me more is that there is no response of the makers of the template which implicate that they do not care,

But if you want to use this template and some visitors are using IE8 and see a messed up website i spend a lot of time on, then it is a serious issue and it would be much appreciated if someone at least respond on this issue. Can it be fixed or Not?

Thanx…</blockquote>
    Hi Markyboy I have the same problem ….did you fix the problem ?
    thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Can you pls give me the link to your site, i would like to have a closer look on the issue
    THanks

hcharly Friend

Hello Guys,

I confirm these issues within IE8. JaTabs also crashed.
    Are there known fixes?

Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear hcharly!

I think that you should install a plugin using for combine js and css codes, you can find a extension on the JED or try to use the JA Compress plugin, may be the problem will be fixed

Good luck

lonnstrom Friend

I found the solution to the menu/navigation issue. Change the code for #ja-mainnav and #ja-mainnavwrap as described in this thread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/css-problem-with-mainnav-internet-explorer-8/. It would be great if Joomlart could reply to issues posted with the link to the solution, rahter than having it go unanswered. This caused users to believe the issue cannot be resolved or they need to search all over the forums to find help.

I will continue to search for the footer solution.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  lonnstrom 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum