Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi there I would like to increase the logo size from the current size of 70 x 135px t0 140 x 270px. I have chenged these dimensions in template.css for the tmeplate JA travel but when I preview it the area stays at 70 x 135 and clips the large logo that I have uploaded.

If I go back to template .css I can see the changes have been saved (ie: 140 x 270px)

Any ideas please

yalvarez Friend

Hello.

To change the dimensions of the logo you must change the .css file in the “core” folder selecting the color of the template that you want to. Looking for the class “h1.logo” and “h1.logo a”.

Another idea is to clear cache and to unavailable in the template the option t3issue

Yovany

TomC Moderator

<em>@elkeellis 245976 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    If I go back to template .css I can see the changes have been saved (ie: 140 x 270px)

Any ideas please</blockquote>
    Can you cut-and-paste the code that you changed?

yalvarez Friend

Hi

To change the image direction of the logo maybe you need to upload the image to this direction: “/templates/tmpName/core/themes/colorName/images”.

If you need to change some you can do it in the color.css file at the css folder in core/themes/…/. Ej. Line 52.

Below you can see the code to change the size of the logo:

/* Logo Image —*/

h1.logo {

margin: 2px 0 0 15px;

}

h1.logo a {

background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left;

display: block;

height: 86px;

width: 570px;

}

I recomend use Firefox to see the location of the logo imagen and then upload the new logo to replace it. Then using Firebug you can change the height and widht to see the change.

Yovany

1. h1.logo-a-class
    TomC Moderator

<em>@yalvarez 245998 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I recommend use Firefox to see the location of the logo image and then upload the new logo to replace it. Then using Firebug you can change the height and width to see the change.
    </blockquote>

I whole-heartedly second yalvarez’s suggestion/recommendation to utilize Firebug to help with figuring out various web design elements in virtually ANY website. (Not sure Firebug is available for other browsers (i.e. IE or Chrome), but I am quite certain there are similar applications available that are compatible with other browsers, respectively).

One supplemental comment . . . if you have not yet used Firebug, it is true that you can alter the code that is identified to see how a particular modification will look, but note that the change is not actually/permanently applied to your website until you make the modification to your actual site file and upload it to your server.

😎

elkeellis Friend

template/jatravel/css/template.css

/* HEADER
    ——————————————————— */

/* Logo Image —*/
    h1.logo { height: 140px; width: 270px; }

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left;
    display: block;
    height: 140px;
    width: 270px;
    }

looked at the template.css in the colour folder but this has no reference to H1

elkeellis Friend

HI there

I have forfox 4.0 and firebug 1.7 and i can;t replicate yuor html lisitng I just get the forst line w3c message but looking at your exampe I am changeing the correct file, I have cleared all chaces and the new ogo shows up fine it is just cropped to the old size

Phill Moderator

That is the correct place to change your height and width. However, each colour variation will have its own version of the logo. Simple adjust the width and height as required then overwrite the existing logo.png with your own. The locations of the logo.png files can be seen below

Default – templates>ja_travel>images>logo.png
    Blue – templates>ja_travel>core>themes>blue>images>logo.png
    Black – templates>ja_travel>core>themes>black>images>logo.png
    Brown – templates>ja_travel>core>themes>brown>images>logo.png
    Dark Blue – templates>ja_travel>core>themes>dark_blue>images>logo.png
    Motton Blue – templates>ja_travel>core>themes>motton_blue>images>logo.png

If you create your own custom profiles you can have others in other places too but we can come to that should the need arise.

txt007 Friend

Hi,
    sorry to ask maybe so easy question, but i can’t find an easy way to amend the “optional slogan here”. Where is it? Backend’s templates/profiles?

thanks
    txt008

Yves Keller Friend

<em>@txt007 246829 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    sorry to ask maybe so easy question, but i can’t find an easy way to amend the “optional slogan here”. Where is it? Backend’s templates/profiles?

thanks
    txt008</blockquote>

bug, its not a module.

to change this:
    open file -> templatesja_travelblocksheader.php

change this to whatever you want:
    <h3>Optional slogan here</h3>

tzulin Friend

its not working for me, the image is still cropped. i use the default, changed width in template/jatravel/css/template.css

yet, the new logo still appear cropped off. help?

Phill Moderator

Did you clear your jat3 and joomla caches? Give that a go and if the logo still appears cropped post a link to your site so I ca take a look for you. Please make sure css optimization is set to “No” so we can see the correct css to adjust on your site.

leonardcraciun Friend

I also want to change the slogan. unfortunately I am unable to the above location… any sugestion, please?
    thank you, Leonard.

tzulin Friend

<em>@leonardcraciun 273579 wrote:</em><blockquote>I also want to change the slogan. unfortunately I am unable to the above location… any sugestion, please?
    thank you, Leonard.</blockquote>

the slogan is a module position i think…

leonardcraciun Friend

you are right. thank you. you can find the module slogan in the module manager and edit it from there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  leonardcraciun 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum