Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

My new JA Travel site is on localhost and version 1.7.4

When I have tried to log into my site through the localhost the last few days, i can login if my computer has been turned off for a long period. But it seems that if the computer gets hot I can’t log in. I can’t even open the admin log in page. I’m not positive heat is the issue.
    Then yesterday i upgraded to 2.5.1, saved a back up, and today i could open the admin log in page, but when i tried to open the Global Configuration page to make the following procedure, i got a blank page again:
    “Global Configuration – Server – Server Settings – Error Reporting to Maximum”
    I have the admin log in page open now, but if i refresh page, the site goes blank. If i try to login to the admin log in page – index.php flashes up to save it.
    The forums seem to point this to be a php / configuration problem. This is why i thought to try “Global Configuration – Server – Server Settings – Error Reporting to Maximum” to investigate. But if i can’t open the Global Configuration page i can’t do this procedure.
    I hope i have explained my issue clearly.

Thanks for any help

tfosnom Friend

I’d reinstall whatever software method you are using to emulate the apache/sql environment (localhost) be it xammp, wampserver etc. Sounds like corruption in the software. a reinstall may not overwrite the site, but as you have a backup you should be fine. On a hardware note, if your computer is getting abnormally hot . . . have a look at cleaning all the vents in the case and open case and clean fan blades with a paint brush to remove accumulated dust etc. suck out dust removed with vacumn cleaner.
    Blessings Shane

nods Friend

Thanks Shane. My laptop is an Acer Aspire, and it’s always been hot since new. I have it sitting on a notebook cooler which helps, but 4 or 5 hours and i need to turn off and cool it down.
    I am using XAMPP – i’ll try a reinstall then. I’ll let you know how i go. Thanks again for your advice.

tfosnom Friend

yes a laptop does get quite hot, so cooler devices are not so good, I have had some success with just placing some 2″ high childrens blocks under the unit raising it allows better airflow than flat on a desk ( can’t do it on lap 🙂 You may try wampserver instead of xampp
    much easier to use in my opinion.
    Shane

nods Friend

For some strange reason I can get into my website today, without actually doing anything. So I’m not sure of the XAMPP / Blank screen problem. i guess it doesn’t mean the problem has completely gone away, and the white screen may return. But at least i am back in action. I’ll try update the JA Travel 2.5 components & extensions. And fingers crossed can achieve this without more dramas. Thanks again for your help.

nods Friend

Guess what Shane. Yep, site down again. I took the big leap and reinstalled XAMPP. These are steps:

a) Deleted XAMPP
    b) Had to reinstall phpmyadmin 3.4.10 because XAMPP installs version 3.4.5 as a package. (original error message in phpmyadmin said to update from 3.4.5)
    c) XAMPP control panel says status: ok
    d) Copied website folder back into new htdocs: C:xampphtdocsmysite
    e) Set up new database in Phpmyadmin
    f) Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.

Any ideas? Lost!!

nods Friend

Trying to fix this issue on my own & with forums, but a tough nut to crack. No problems appear to match, a lot of speculation.

Does anyone recognize this error:
    C:xampphtdocsmysitelibrariesjoomlastringstring.php on line 730

or

Table ‘mysite’.ws9qo_session’ doesn’t exist SQL=INSERT INTO `ws9qo_session` (`session_id`, `client_id`, `time`) VALUES (‘q1d1i2ssf3g1fd8tuj20gg2am5’, 1, ‘1329748150’)

File Zilla also is showing this problem after re-install, although my computer’s list of programs says i have 0.9.40

Protocol warning: Server version mismatch: Server version is 0.9.57.0, interface version is 0.9.64.0 – more confusion.

Biggest problem ever in Joomla, approx 5 full days already and no sign of a solution yet. So really appreciate any help.

nods Friend

An update JA Travel Guys:

Re-installed XAMPP (even though i could not find a newer version than i already had.
    Re-installed Phpmyadmin
    Re-installed Joomla with 2.5.1
    Re-installed JA Travel with 2.5 version.
    But how do i re-install my saved version of my JA Travel site which was made in Joomla 1.7.4?
    I saved my site before it crashed when upgrading via Akeeba back-up, and jpa format.

Thanks

tfosnom Friend

Hi Nods
    Really sorry to hear of all your woes, it can be so frustrating at times. I’m not using xammp so I’m not really up on what happens with it in regard to apache and sql calls but if you are getting sb errors and session errors it’s really serious. Restoring akeeba is just a matter of downloading from akeeba site their akeeba extract and using that to install from the jpa which is just akeebas “zip” format go to the akeeba site and read or dl the instructions on restoring a backup

while I know you are using xammp, could I suggest you uninstall it and use ccleaner (http://www.piriform.com) to clean up leftovers and registry junk. dl the windows 32 bit or 64 bit ( depending on your windows o/s) version of wampserver. Install as per instructions
    create blank folder in folder www and install a fresh JA _2.5 travel from the JA travel 2.5 quickstart.

This is to test and eliminate anything BUT xammp from causing problems. If your ned install works fine you can generally add those extensions that are compatible with 2.5 and import your db from old 1.7 install etc or redo from scratch.

If it’s still playing up then you may have multiple instances of sql, apache running ( services) etc.

If you’re really struggling with wampserver install or such feel free to PM me I can make a video tutorial from my screen etc.
    Hope this helps
    Shane

tfosnom Friend

Responded to your PM with url to video on wampserver operation I have made and uploaded to my host area. If you didn’t get the PM yell.
    Shane

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum