Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’m developing a site (nearly finished) using the JA Tiris demo content but I’m confused about login method.

There are three login methods for the site: Joomla login, jshopping login and K2 login.

My preference is to use only jshopping login for shoppers on the site and I have modified some of the content to suit my needs. I’m also using the K2 blog and want to be able to use K2 comments without logging in – how do I set this up please?

Thanks

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

If your site is primarily an shopping site then the best option is to use jshopping login. irrespective of any login module in use, your clients will be logged in and can access the checkout process or other parts of your site.

Registration workflow should be priority i guess :
    1. Using joomshopping as registration form adds the new user to the com_user also.
    2. If using k2 registration user is added to com_user but not to joomshopphing client list. (user has to provide name and other details while checking out).
    3. You should try the all possible registration workflows to choose the best suited to your requirement. Different login modules have extension specific links for new registration.

Best answer would be from users in the joomshopping forums on this.

Regarding enabling k2 comments for all you can set the same in the K2 backend parameters settings : http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/515/8394192868.png

regards

Arvind

placidpete Friend

Thanks Arvind

I agree and I am using the jshopping login and new user registration workflow exactly for that purpose. The only exception was myself and one other superuser administrator who needs to access the back end.

I checked the K2 comments parameters and they are set up as your example page. However, I still get an error message when leaving a comment in the blog unless logged in and can’t see any way to set up for site visitors to leave comments as guests.

Any help would be welcome.

placidpete Friend

I have this working now. I edited the comments form to suppress the e-mail and url fields and then commented out the logic in item.php that tests for empty field entries for these two fields.

Social sharing doesn’t appear though even though I’ve enabled that in the K2 parameters. Any suggestions please?

chavan Friend

<blockquote>Social sharing doesn’t appear though even though I’ve enabled that in the K2 parameters. Any suggestions please?</blockquote>

I see it working. Did you fix it ?

1. social_icon
    placidpete Friend

Yes but I turned off K2 social sharing and used JA Social plug-in instead.

chavan Friend

<em>@placidpete 317039 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes but I turned off K2 social sharing and used JA Social plug-in instead.</blockquote>

You have to fill Add this code into “Social button” code textbox, the social icons will be showed.

1. k2_social
    2. k2_social_2
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum