Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I really need some help – I uninstalled the jshop component from my site that uses the Ja Tiris template and now I can no longer see the front end home page and get a 404 error – this happened immediately after installing the component.

The admin end is fine, it appears to be only the home page I can no longer see.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Seems fixed to me.

You fixed it?

Arvind

kobenes Friend

You should check your homepage menu item, if it is assigned to joomshoping component and if you uninstall it, you must assign your homepage menu item to something different.

Walter Doljar Friend

i have the same problem – how did you solve this problem?

thanks

TzuChi Foundation Friend

Dear All

1. i tried to uninstall joomshopping, but it show me error 404.
    2. Hikashop is assigned to default “Home”, it show me error 500 (please install component joomshopping).

Two questions:
    1.Is it any method to replace joomshopping at default “Home”, by other e-commerce component, without mess up the site?
    2. Joomshopping can not be uninstalled in JA Tiris?

please advice~

thank you very much.

Manos Moderator

<em>@tc_sling 309067 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear All

2. Hikashop is assigned to default “Home”, it show me error 500 (please install component joomshopping).

Two questions:
    1.Is it any method to replace joomshopping at default “Home”, by other e-commerce component, without mess up the site?

please advice~

thank you very much.</blockquote>

Hi, yes joomshopping can be uninstalled, can you please provide a link with your website ? An other easy solution you can apply is create a new “Home” menu item and assign this as the default page to your Joomla settings .

swissa Friend

<em>@tc_sling 309067 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear All

Two questions:

please advice~

thank you very much.</blockquote>

Hi tc_sling,

I don’t know how you uninstalled jshopping but the normal way to do it is via Extension Manager / Manage and then uninstall. As the front page contains or is pointed to jshopping it would give the 404 errror.

Your home menu item needs to be reassigned to another item – not Jshopping. If you have done this and it is still showing a 404 error then I think it is probably because you need to clear the JAT3 cache.

If you add another shop component then it will come with its own css styling and the css supplied for jshopping won’t work with it. You will either have to adapt the old or new css to suit the new component.

Hope that helps!

Ooops. Sorry pascm! Like your solution though! 🙂

synncom Friend

I have assigned the Home menu to Featured Articles but now there is a gap on the Left hand side of the Articles as on : http://www.accessweb2.co.za (demo site) – How do I get rid of that ?

synncom Friend

<em>@synncom 352278 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have assigned the Home menu to Featured Articles but now there is a gap on the Left hand side of the Articles as on : http://www.accessweb2.co.za (demo site) – How do I get rid of that ?</blockquote>

Solved its in the CSS :

.blog-featured .contentpaneopen {
    background: url(“../images/bg-line.gif”) repeat-x scroll left bottom transparent;
    padding-bottom: 35px;
    padding-left: 15px;
    }

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  synncom 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum