Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

HI JOOMLART TEAM

I LIKE SOU MUCH JOOMLART AND BEFORE USED JA ZEOLITE…

BUT WAS OLD .. SO NOW I USING GK MYSTORE.

THIS NEW E-COMMERCE JA TIRIS ISSS AMAZING !!!!

AND CONTENT ARE SAY REDSHOP COMING SOON ..

WHY NOT VIRTUEMART ??????????

WHAT’S HAPPENING? TEMPLATES CLUB THAT ARE NOT FOR CREATING MORE WITH VirtueMart? ALREADY HAVE SO MANY EXTENSIONS?

I would like to ask please everyone use and like Virtuemart.

Post your request here ! For Joomlart create new Template with Virtuemart!

My best regards

TomC Moderator

<em>@qzkenji 280285 wrote:</em><blockquote>.

WHY NOT VIRTUEMART ??????????

WHAT’S HAPPENING? TEMPLATES CLUB THAT ARE NOT FOR CREATING MORE WITH VirtueMart? ALREADY HAVE SO MANY EXTENSIONS?
    </blockquote>

Okay . . . first of all … DEEEEP breath. 😎

As I am quite certain you are aware – being a big fan of VirtueMart – the fact of the matter is that the VirtueMart developers have not yet released their stable J1.7 compatible version of VirtueMart. As such, while JA Tiris was being developed, the decision was made to try to utilize a different available shopping-cart component for this JATC release.

Now, once VirtueMart 2.0 is finally released (again, stable) . . . there is certainly nothing to stop you from installing and trying to integrate the new VirtueMart component into this or any other of our J1.7 JATC Templates yourself.

If “theming” of the Category and Product pages (for VirtueMart) is an issue, there are resources available to you that focus on just that . . . . POWERED BY VIRTUEMART being one that comes to mind.

😎

tfosnom Friend

Tom said
    “If “theming” of the Category and Product pages (for VirtueMart) is an issue, there are resources available to you that focus on just that . . . . POWERED BY VIRTUEMART being one that comes to mind.”

This begs the question:

Are we becoming too used to Template Club Products doing 99% of everything for us, are we losing skills or getting so lazy we want JA or any Template Club to have every release prepared for what ever we want?

E.G let’s include a monthly template with a custom theme for each of JomSocial, VirtueMart, Community Builder, Kunena and all the other major Shopping Cart / Forum alternatives.

While I personally think JA would benefit by offering each release with a JomSocial & Kunena theme to match the main release given the popularity of those products, it’s probably not going to happen in this lifetime. I’d even pay a nominal sum $2.50 for each of a themed addition for the above JomSocial/Kunena as an option, given the time and hassle it would save making your own to suit, of course not every template would suit a cart forum or social network theme but it would be an option we can do with.
    Shane

qzkenji Friend

Yes, you are perfectly correct! I may be installing virtuemart yes. He just will not get a page of perfect presentation of products such as the Ja Tiris Shop. It would be the Virtuemart flypage.
    The truth is that still did not get the 1.7 out of fear.

My Best regards

synncom Friend

How would Virtuemart Products show on the Front Page of JA Tiris?
    Maybe I should ask how Joomshopping Products show on the Front Page to get an idea of how to do it with VirtueMart ?

swissa Friend

<em>@synncom 376260 wrote:</em><blockquote>Maybe I should ask how Joomshopping Products show on the Front Page to get an idea of how to do it with VirtueMart ?</blockquote>

It’s done via the Home menü. It picks off Joomshopping and displays it in the main content area in whichever form you’ve picked on the menü setup.

I wouldn’t know how to do it with VM – sorry!

synncom Friend

thank you for your quick reply.
    is there then any means to disable this and just use Tiris and Virtuemart without the Front Page thing ?

swissa Friend

<em>@synncom 376274 wrote:</em><blockquote>thank you for your quick reply.
    is there then any means to disable this and just use Tiris and Virtuemart without the Front Page thing ?</blockquote>

There’s the easy way and the hard(er) way. Depends on what you are trying to achieve!

Easy: Make a new Home menu item and pick off whatever you want for the main content. Featured articles and then have none for example.

Harder: You’ll need to play with profiles in template manager to assign a home page with hide main content. If you pick this is doesn’t matter what you set for the home page – it won’t show.

Hope that helps

synncom Friend

Ok I want to try your easy option – i am just not sure how…

I create a new home Item and how do I :”pick off whatever you want for the main content.” ?

synncom Friend

I am going to attach a screenshot and it seems to push the main content to the right… Any Advice ?

1. Screen-Shot-2013-06-11-at-12.50.02-PM
    swissa Friend

<em>@synncom 376285 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok I want to try your easy option – i am just not sure how…

I create a new home Item and how do I :”pick off whatever you want for the main content.” ?</blockquote>

When you are in Menu Manager you have to select an item for the menü. Standard is to pick Joomshopping Products. You need to substitute that for something else. You can pick articles for example or a category and ensure that it is empty. That way nothing will show.

From your screen shot it is difficult to tell. Looks like a float:right; css command off hand but I’m not at home with access to my Tiris dev site. Forgotten the password. :-[

You may have to adjust the css for the home page – if you can post a link it would help.

1. Screen-Shot-2013-06-11-at-12.52.51-PM
    synncom Friend

Ok for Security purposes I am going PM you a link – it looks like when its selected to show date that takes up the space of the gap….

1. Screen-Shot-2013-06-11-at-7.40.12-PM
    swissa Friend

You need to adjust your css

.blog-featured .contentpaneopen {
    1. background: url("../images/bg-line.gif") repeat-x scroll left bottom transparent;
    2. padding-bottom: 35px;
    3. padding-left: 16px;
    }

I changed the padding left

Line 1466

And then

.blog-featured .create {
    1. background: url(../images/bg-date.png) no-repeat left top;
    2. height: 80px;
    3. left: -175px;
    4. position: absolute;
    5. top: 5px;
    6. width: 166px;
    7. display: none;
    }

I added the dislay none

Line 1481

I hope it works for you and I only tested it on the homepage.

Gruss

Edit: ignore the line numbers in the code. Ipad cut and paste problem.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum